Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinarback eSprit 65 LV  (Read 13717 times)

ynp

• http://
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:11:49 am »

Quote from: rethmeier
Why would you want the eSprit if the eMotion 75 is a much better option for less $?
two reasons:
1)We have several customers who rent the M and 54H or 75LV. They are experienced and have no problems with either CaptureShop or eXposure. And we have a couple young ocasional customers, they shoot their Canons/Nikons and they are unable to tame the Sinar workflow. They do not shoot tethered, they are used to shoot RAW+Jpeg and they usually rent the MF gear, when they have a budget. My daughter has to convert files and it is very time consuming. I was intending to use the eSprit 65LV for this type of a crowd.
2) Higher ISO.

Once I have upgraded my e75LV I am happy and almost lost all the interest in the eSprit ( for myself). If Leica s2 is OK and tested I  think it will attract the new RAW and Jpeg photographers, the s2 is designed to fill this niche.

Yevgeny
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:20:11 am by ynp »

PeterA

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 08:19:00 am »

Sinar is indeed a naughty company - so many excellent backs and so many camera platforms - and the only criticism you can make is one back ( which IS poorly matched to the M camera) doesnt fit???..get real!!..if you were shooting Phase - you can use their 'wonderful' mamiya 645 body..or Hasselblad - their one body...come on lets give Sinar some credit for the excellence that they represent - relative to anyone else out there..for sure no company is perfect but to say that they are crazy or people should discount the whole product range over this one back incompatibility issue with one (now) very dated camera platform, on which you can use any number of Sinar backs  - some balance is required...if you are so unhappy ditch your Sinar M gear - and buy whatever Phase One is offering in the same line - or umm hasselblad...or umm Leaf - what they offer nothing? wow how strange is that!!

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 08:37:09 am »

Quote from: PeterA
Sinar is indeed a naughty company - so many excellent backs and so many camera platforms - and the only criticism you can make is one back ( which IS poorly matched to the M camera) doesnt fit???..get real!!..if you were shooting Phase - you can use their 'wonderful' mamiya 645 body..or Hasselblad - their one body...come on lets give Sinar some credit for the excellence that they represent - relative to anyone else out there..for sure no company is perfect but to say that they are crazy or people should discount the whole product range over this one back incompatibility issue with one (now) very dated camera platform, on which you can use any number of Sinar backs  - some balance is required...if you are so unhappy ditch your Sinar M gear - and buy whatever Phase One is offering in the same line - or umm hasselblad...or umm Leaf - what they offer nothing? wow how strange is that!!

If you have ever seen the used prices on the resent Sinarbacks you will understand how good people think these backs are. The only back which still are selling for a good price used is the 54H.
If I didn´t like the Sinar-products I wouldn´t care about these issues. I am just telling my storry and the things I think Sinar are doing very wrong. If you have a problem with that you don´t have
to talk in that negative tone. Maybe you are working for Sinar?....

Over the years Sinar has the reputation of being a quality-company, but I know many people who have felt badly treated by their arrogant way of being.

paratom

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 09:59:06 am »

Quote from: henrikfoto
If you have ever seen the used prices on the resent Sinarbacks you will understand how good people think these backs are. ....

Does this mean that pros like the esprit65 so much that nobody sells one? I havent seen any on the used market so far

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 10:32:25 am »

Quote from: paratom
Does this mean that pros like the esprit65 so much that nobody sells one? I havent seen any on the used market so far

Yes, that must be the reason  (ha-ha)

Graham Mitchell

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »

If you have ever seen the used prices on the resent Sinarbacks you will understand how good people think these backs are. The only back which still are selling for a good price used is the 54H.

Please tell me where these bargain used backs are! I hardly ever see them for sale and never for a steal.

Caracalla

• http://
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 03:22:28 pm »

Quote from: foto-z
Please tell me where these bargain used backs are! I hardly ever see them for sale and never for a steal.

I purchased 2 for 1 for less than the price of half the cost what you see on ebay or elsewhere privately.

mind you henrikphoto said "if you have EVER seen"  you said "I hardly EVER see " the fact is they are not as popular as
Phase, Hasselblad others. So this is why you can't see them regularly as you would see Phase, others..

Now all of us who own even Sinar chewing gum can feel practical or sentimental but the fact remains, Sinar messed up and there are no excuses period!!!

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 03:42:31 pm »

Quote from: foto-z

I have seen about 5-10 Emotion-backs for sale the last year. They are always very hard to sell with 0 or just a very few bids.
When they sell it´s for a much lower price than the similar backs from Phase or Hasselblad.
I think everyone who watches the used-marked can agree with me on this. This is nothing I am making up. It´s just they way the marked feels about these backs.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:12:14 pm by henrikfoto »

PeterA

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 06:45:01 pm »

If I didn´t like the Sinar-products I wouldn´t care about these issues. I am just telling my storry and the things I think Sinar are doing very wrong. If you have a problem with that you don´t have
to talk in that negative tone. Maybe you are working for Sinar?....

Over the years Sinar has the reputation of being a quality-company, but I know many people who have felt badly treated by their arrogant way of being.

Internet forums are full of noise and exaggeration - as I said - no company is perfect but to suggest that Sinar is less capable than any other company is to ignore the substantive points I raised in my response to your rant. basically you are holding Sinar to higher benchmarks than may be reasonable and based on your own example - you critisize and write off a company because one back ( currently ) doesn't work on one camera. I can understand your frustraiton and for sure it is (perhaps) a silly ommission on their part  ( to date). As for used prices - my friend every back depreciates very quickly - ebay and other anecdotal examples proves nothing about anything to anyone. As for working for Sinar - I can think of better ways to earn a living than working for any of these companies - or making photographs for anyone except myself. If Sinar is to be criticized - it is fair to say that they have been absolutely hopeless at marketing themselves and their capabilities and that their choice of dealers around many parts of the world has delivered nothing much to anyone and have certainly done no favours to Sinar. Personally I think this is the major issue the company has always had - poor marketing. Many of Sinar's problems would go away if they just opened up their cameras to any back.

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »

Quote from: PeterA
Internet forums are full of noise and exaggeration - as I said - no company is perfect but to suggest that Sinar is less capable than any other company is to ignore the substantive points I raised in my response to your rant. basically you are holding Sinar to higher benchmarks than may be reasonable and based on your own example - you critisize and write off a company because one back ( currently ) doesn't work on one camera. I can understand your frustraiton and for sure it is (perhaps) a silly ommission on their part  ( to date). As for used prices - my friend every back depreciates very quickly - ebay and other anecdotal examples proves nothing about anything to anyone. As for working for Sinar - I can think of better ways to earn a living than working for any of these companies - or making photographs for anyone except myself. If Sinar is to be criticized - it is fair to say that they have been absolutely hopeless at marketing themselves and their capabilities and that their choice of dealers around many parts of the world has delivered nothing much to anyone and have certainly done no favours to Sinar. Personally I think this is the major issue the company has always had - poor marketing. Many of Sinar's problems would go away if they just opened up their cameras to any back.

I totally agree on this. Sinar normally makes great equipment. However after they were bought by Jenoptic I think their digital  "thinking" has been very confusing and hard to understand. There is a lack of continuity and that makes their costumers nervous. How can they compete in this market when 90% of the market don´t even know they exist? You have to be very interested to even know they are coming out with new products. And when they don´t even care to please the few people who care enough to hunt for their products it´s going to be very hard to make it in the future.

Carsten W

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 04:52:49 am »

I have seen about 5-10 Emotion-backs for sale the last year. They are always very hard to sell with 0 or just a very few bids.
When they sell it´s for a much lower price than the similar backs from Phase or Hasselblad.
I think everyone who watches the used-marked can agree with me on this. This is nothing I am making up. It´s just they way the marked feels about these backs.

The used price is lower because the new price is lower. The Sinar backs are very good deals.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 04:57:13 am »

"Due to the fact that the Sinarback eSprit 65 LV is equipped with so-called micro-lenses it is not well-suited to be used with a view camera or with the Sinar arTec.
"
this is a quote from the information on the page where you can buy one of these camerabacks. buy sinar eSprit 65 LV here  

This cameraback is not suitable (high enough quality?) for the M Camera and the eMotion is the appropiate cableless back or the 75 eVolution for Multishot operation on the M camera.

I have a waiting list of clients looking for second hand eMotion camerabacks.

Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

Graham Mitchell

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 06:19:48 am »

Quote from: carstenw
The used price is lower because the new price is lower. The Sinar backs are very good deals.

Bingo! Apparently some people will complain about anything, including great prices  

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 07:45:33 am »

Quote from: carstenw

No, the used Emotion backs have been low priced a long time before the new-prices dropped.
This is just wrong.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:56:21 am by henrikfoto »

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 07:47:55 am »

Quote from: edwinb
"Due to the fact that the Sinarback eSprit 65 LV is equipped with so-called micro-lenses it is not well-suited to be used with a view camera or with the Sinar arTec.
"
this is a quote from the information on the page where you can buy one of these camerabacks. buy sinar eSprit 65 LV here  

This cameraback is not suitable (high enough quality?) for the M Camera and the eMotion is the appropiate cableless back or the 75 eVolution for Multishot operation on the M camera.

Edwin

If you have a waiting list you can gladly buy mine. It is the Emotion 54 LV with all possible updates and very low usage. Like new.
Now it´s very interesting what you are willing to pay for one??
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:06:40 am by henrikfoto »

Carsten W

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 08:05:09 am »

No, the used Emotion backs have been low priced a long time before the new-prices dropped.
This is just wrong.

Perhaps you can give an example. I have only seen low prices recently. Where are you in the world?
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

henrikfoto

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 05:13:37 am »

QUOTE (edwinb @ Jul 11 2009, 10:57 AM) *
"
this is a quote from the information on the page where you can buy one of these camerabacks. buy sinar eSprit 65 LV here biggrin.gif

Edwin

Don´t you want to make an offer for the Emotion 54 LV I have? You said you have a waiting list for these backs??
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:14:20 am by henrikfoto »

paratom

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 03:31:14 pm »

This is just wrong.

I have been interested in a 54lv some months agao and looked on ebay for some time and did not find a good deal there.
The same when I wanted to move from the 54 to a 75 (in Germany). All I saw were few 75LV with Hy6 for good prices. This was when there were allready rumoura about F&H.

But in the end I am not that interested-I try to make my decision based on facts I collect about the product.
For me its not so important if others like it or not- but more if it fits my needs.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up