Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painted stream  (Read 1742 times)

John R

Painted stream
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:52:24 am »

Arriving at fortunate time, I was able to get this shot as the sone was going down and the reflection the stream pool was accentuated by the shade. The shot is fairly good on its own, but I chose to do an orton effect because that is what I like.

JMR
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:08:11 am by John R »

Ed Blagden

Painted stream
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:31:12 am »

John

That is very pretty - as a study in evening colours it can't be faulted and the image exudes calmness.

However as this is a critique site, the one comment I would make is that the rocks in the bottom right corner do nothing for the image and indeed they draw the eye away from the main image, which for me is the interplay between the duck and the tree reflections.  So I would suggest cropping just enough off the bottom to nix the rocks.  

Ed

John R

Painted stream
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:55:31 am »

Quote from: Ed B
John

That is very pretty - as a study in evening colours it can't be faulted and the image exudes calmness.

However as this is a critique site, the one comment I would make is that the rocks in the bottom right corner do nothing for the image and indeed they draw the eye away from the main image, which for me is the interplay between the duck and the tree reflections.  So I would suggest cropping just enough off the bottom to nix the rocks.  

Ed
Fair comment. I didn't want to crop too much as I already had cropped all the surrounding rocks. I might try cloning as I really would like to keep the reflections.

JMR

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Painted stream
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 10:24:16 am »

Quote from: Ed B
John

Ed

What Ed said... that was my first thought as well.  Cropping or cloning would be good!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up