Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Semi-Gloss and Z3100  (Read 1288 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
Epson Semi-Gloss and Z3100
« on: July 07, 2009, 06:46:03 am »

Am going to try the Epson Premium Semi-gloss Photo in the Z3100, I have an application that I think this paper would work best.

I usually use HP Pro Satin, but I have an application where this may not work so well, thus the Epson paper. Any comments on gamut, color tone etc would be welcome.

Any tips anyone have with setting this up on the Z3100?
In particular, the base paper setting, and other things like more/less ink etc - I haven't set up other papers (non-HP) before so all very new to me.

Also, does Wilhelm Research provide permanence ratings for an Epson paper + HP Vivera inks? I looked on their website, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

thanks John

Dward

Epson Semi-Gloss and Z3100
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:47:12 am »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
Am going to try the Epson Premium Semi-gloss Photo in the Z3100, I have an application that I think this paper would work best.

I usually use HP Pro Satin, but I have an application where this may not work so well, thus the Epson paper. Any comments on gamut, color tone etc would be welcome.

Any tips anyone have with setting this up on the Z3100?
In particular, the base paper setting, and other things like more/less ink etc - I haven't set up other papers (non-HP) before so all very new to me.

Also, does Wilhelm Research provide permanence ratings for an Epson paper + HP Vivera inks? I looked on their website, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

thanks John

I use this paper with the 3100----good results with no problems.   I used the preset for semi-gloss photo paper and profiled with the internal spectro.  No changes to ink amounts.   I don't know about Wilhelm's ratings for this paper/ink combination.

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up