Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica APO Televid 77 straight scope with 20-60mm eyepiece  (Read 5113 times)

peterpix

• http://perpublisher.com
Leica APO Televid 77 straight scope with 20-60mm eyepiece
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:55:00 pm »

Here’s the Cadillac of spotting scopes, a lifetime purchase for the committed birder. The perfect scope when I lived right on the ocean and could view a variety of seabirds from the living room window. Although this scope is waterproof, I only used outside once, so it looks and works as new, with clean glass and smooth focusing. Hate to part with it, but a walking disability makes it too difficult to carry around. No box and no front and rear lens caps. Buy a photo adapter and use it with your digital camera. The number "77" in the name of the spotting scopes refers to the diameter of the front objective lens in millimeters. Such an ample dimension (nearly 3 inches), in conjunction with the complex optical system and the multiple anti-reflection coatings in the APO-Televid 77 ensure a true-color, contrasty and super-bright image. Amazon and various dealers list the non APO model for $1595 without the eyepiece which sells for $570. This model was discontinued this year with the replacement  82 model listing for $4,000, the 65 model $3200 at B&H. Here’s what Living Bird magazine said in a 2002 review: “If you require the absolute brightest and sharpest image under the toughest birding conditions (say scanning a moonlit pond at 11:45 P.M. at the World Series of Birding) then I recommend either the Leica APO Televid 77 or the Swarovski ST80 HD.”

$1450 with free US shipping

reply off site at petererandall@gmail.com
Peter Randall
Pages: [1]   Go Up