Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top UltraCompact Digital Camers IYO  (Read 1990 times)

IanC

Top UltraCompact Digital Camers IYO
« on: April 14, 2004, 02:02:31 pm »

PS - In line with Michael's article Let's Play Another Game   I'm looking at more than just the pic quality....I'm looking at functionality, options, etc.  I understand that I would be sacrificing ergonomic's in this case since I'm looking at ultra compact cameras which are limited in that area in order to provide "pocket-ability".  

-Maximizer

IanC

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 12:43:08 pm »

Ive been a huge fan of TLL for a few years now and only a couple times have I been to the forums.  I own a Canon D30 and absolutely LOVE it but my wife is using a small Kodak digital for casual shooting and family affair pics and I would like to get an Ultra Compact digital camera to replace it....one either of us could put in a pocket or purse and whip out when needed....BUT from my little research I am afraid many of them fail in picture quality and lighting especially....so I decided to rely on the experts here at TLL for a little advice.  I know most of you probably cringe when you hear the mention of ultracompact digital cameras but there has to be some of you that like to cary one around for those unexpected moments.   Thanks in advance!!

gryffyn

• http://www.tarafrost.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 06:12:07 pm »

I have a Nikon D100 and just bought a D70 for my wife (and to have a 2nd body....camera that is, not wife! ;-)  ).

But I'm seriously considering getting a Sony DSC-T1 to replace my aging Coolpix 880, which is way too big for a pocket and pretty much obsolete with my DSLR purchases. Michael reviewed the T1 here recently.  Truly pocket sized and 5mp to boot!  If it was CF card based rather than using Sony's proprietary MemoryStik cards, it would be virtually perfect.

Mind you, the T11 has just been announced in Japan, which is the same as the T1 but even smaller!  No info on when it might cross the pond though.

My 2 cents worth....
.....Andrzej
Pages: [1]   Go Up