Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluejay Portrait  (Read 1787 times)

Kevin Gallagher

Bluejay Portrait
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:21:35 am »

Going through some old files and found this one. He had just finished shaking off after a dip in our pond. Nikon D1H, 600 F4, and TC14E. This was one of my first shots with the 600 so please be kind         Kevin

Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

cmi

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »

Something about the birds position in the frame is disturbing me a little bit, but thats only a minor concern. First impression: Gorgeous

Kevin Gallagher

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:07:39 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Something about the birds position in the frame is disturbing me a little bit, but thats only a minor concern. First impression: Gorgeous

Thanks Christian, I probably should have cropped out a bit more of the right hand side as well. Maybe this is one where the subject looks OK in the center of the frame  
Kevin In CT
 George Orwell

cmi

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:02:12 am »

Quote from: Kevin Gallagher
Thanks Christian, I probably should have cropped out a bit more of the right hand side as well. Maybe this is one where the subject looks OK in the center of the frame  

Haha, you dont need to shout!  Yes, maybe cut off a bit from the right side, but I was more thinking about slightly too less space above the head. One more thing, if I look a little bit longer at it, the shape in the background is not so in harmony with the bird. But these are tiny issues, overall the picture works!

Christian

dalethorn

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 04:24:48 pm »

Actually, if you could make that green thing the same color as what surrounds it, that would be the perfect fix.

John R

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:27:43 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
Actually, if you could make that green thing the same color as what surrounds it, that would be the perfect fix.
Yes that is what I was thinking, try to eliminate the green, out-of-focus, leaf or foliage. It is very prominent and distracts from an otherwise nice shot.

JMR
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:28:10 pm by John R »

Kevin Gallagher

Bluejay Portrait
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:06:56 pm »

Quote from: John R
Yes that is what I was thinking, try to eliminate the green, out-of-focus, leaf or foliage. It is very prominent and distracts from an otherwise nice shot.

JMR

Thanks John and Dale, I'll give it a go
Kevin In CT
 George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up