Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wedding photography with a difference  (Read 1767 times)

Ed Blagden

Wedding photography with a difference
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:13:25 pm »

I shot these a couple of years back at a wedding where I was asked to stand in because the official photographer did not turn up.  These are of the village idiot who invited himself and had, it seems, a jolly good time.  

Africa is a good place to be mentally ill - sufferers are generally just accepted by the community for what they are, and nobody takes any notice of their eccentricities.  And before I get flamed for making assumptions I do in fact know this guy, and yes he is as mad as a hatter but seems happy with his life.

Slight sharpness issue with these, I think it is a motion issue rather than focus, but I guess they are OK for the web.

[attachment=15104:IMG_1315.jpg]  [attachment=15105:IMG_1316.jpg]

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 12:54:38 pm »

Now that's the kind of wedding photography I could learn to enjoy.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cmi

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:31:17 pm »

Nice shots Ed, I like them.

popnfresh

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 01:33:54 pm »

Those are nice portraits of a contented soul. If the treatment of the mentally ill in Africa is as you say, then it is a more humane place than where I live.

Sadly, I doubt that man would be very happy if he lived in most western countries.

dalethorn

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 09:35:44 pm »

Quote from: popnfresh
Those are nice portraits of a contented soul. If the treatment of the mentally ill in Africa is as you say, then it is a more humane place than where I live.
Sadly, I doubt that man would be very happy if he lived in most western countries.

I hope there are some positives there.  OTOH, a few years ago when there was a refugee crisis in Bosnia/Kosovo, the media noted that diabetics in the camps usually received sufficient food and medicine to survive there.  In most African refugee camps, they just died.
Pages: [1]   Go Up