Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help configuring Silverfast AI w/ CoolScan 9000 on Mac  (Read 1477 times)

hassiman

Hi,

I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to  configure Silverfast AI V6.6's "Frame" settings.  

If anyone uses Silverfast and a CoolScan 9000 what I would like is a basic set of parameters  for the setting the values for the FRAME tab's "ORIGINAL" , "SCALE%" and "OUTPUT" fields.  I am just inteested in setting SF AI so that it will make the highest possible quality 11X14 and 16X20 (or 11X11 & 16X16 from 6X6) from full frame 35mm & 6X6 scans when printed by my Epson 3800 printer.

File size is irrelivant... quality is not.

[blockquote][/indent]How does one setup the original and scale% input boxes? does one put in 36mm X
[blockquote][/blockquote]24mm for the 35mm full frame?

[blockquote][/blockquote]How does one use the output settings? Do you enter the size of the desired print
[blockquote][/blockquote]output?

[blockquote][/blockquote]As for the other FRAME parameters, I have been told by LaserSoft that the best Q factor is 1.5 But I'm not sure
[blockquote][/blockquote]why and I was wondering if anyone here knows what effect this has.

[blockquote][/blockquote]Given the desired output (print size) what value should "SCREEN" be given?

[blockquote][/blockquote]I have been manually setting the dpi figure at 3600 as Lasersoft told me that
[indent][/blockquote]this is the true optical resolution of the Nikon 9000... not 4000dpi.

I have tried entering different values into the original/scale% fields as well as the Output fields but they end up changing each time I go to modify a value and I am not sure when and if to lock the fields.  I have tried and tried to find some instructional material that addresses this specific area of the program configuration but I have been unable to do so anywhere and so I hope that someone on this forum who uses Silverfast might be kind enough to give me some advice as a starting point

What do I do?[/font]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:59:44 pm by hassiman »

K.C.

Need help configuring Silverfast AI w/ CoolScan 9000 on Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:03:48 am »

Have you viewed the tutorials here ?   http://www.silverfast.com/mov/ai/en.html

View the Interface of SFAi for the Frame setting fundamentals and further down the page, Scan resolution and scaling.

hassiman

Need help configuring Silverfast AI w/ CoolScan 9000 on Mac
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »

Quote from: K.C.
Have you viewed the tutorials here ?   http://www.silverfast.com/mov/ai/en.html

View the Interface of SFAi for the Frame setting fundamentals and further down the page, Scan resolution and scaling.

Thanks for the link... but like most of the Silverfast tutorials all it does is show the data fields in the FRAME tab without giving any explanation of how they should be used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up