Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cliff´s Edge  (Read 4877 times)

Rob C

Cliff´s Edge
« on: July 03, 2009, 08:34:50 am »

Beautiful use of colour; the very essence of how colour can best be used in its most minimalistic manner.

If anything, the highly b/w character of the shot is both heightened by the colour as is the colour by its concentration and contrast with the rest of the scene. Very attractive sort of work.

Rob C

dwood

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:16 am »

That's a very striking image Michael. Nicely done.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:53:01 pm »

Great example of being in the right place at the right time of day.

Rob C

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 04:52:41 pm »

It strikes me as somewhat odd that this section - well, where the first pic on the site gets seen - stimulates such little response. I can´t remember where I picked up on this next point, but somebody wrote to the effect that LuLa seems to be more about pixels than pictures.

There are three or four main bits where pics get posted: the MF section; a 35mm space; the newest section started by James and then the 'criticism' section down at the end of the contents list. Though the one started by James was intended to be for pro work in format and era of your choice, after an initial burst of enthusiasm it pretty well dried up - more or less - and non-pro work appeared.

This is not to knock non-pro work,  but it defeats the point of the section. To make it clear, should that read commissioned work?

Perhaps there is a need for a fresh direction via the Admin in order to return these sections to their original purpose or, perhaps, a re-vamp to separate pro from am. This wouldn´t stop anyone posting but might at least keep the separate interests alive. For example, what difference does it make if both MF and smaller pro work is bundled together? File/film details can still be posted and is there really anyone so small minded that they can´t bear to see all formats together? Or would that be part of the problem, a playing field too level for some?

For myself, I like to see pro pictures; which camera they come from matters not a jot. What matters is that they be interesting and their purpose known.

What do you think about this?

Rob C

cmi

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 06:39:13 am »

Quote from: Rob C
It strikes me as somewhat odd that this section - well, where the first pic on the site gets seen - stimulates such little response. I can´t remember where I picked up on this next point, but somebody wrote to the effect that LuLa seems to be more about pixels than pictures.

There are three or four main bits where pics get posted: the MF section; a 35mm space; the newest section started by James and then the 'criticism' section down at the end of the contents list. Though the one started by James was intended to be for pro work in format and era of your choice, after an initial burst of enthusiasm it pretty well dried up - more or less - and non-pro work appeared.

This is not to knock non-pro work,  but it defeats the point of the section. To make it clear, should that read commissioned work?

Perhaps there is a need for a fresh direction via the Admin in order to return these sections to their original purpose or, perhaps, a re-vamp to separate pro from am. This wouldn´t stop anyone posting but might at least keep the separate interests alive. For example, what difference does it make if both MF and smaller pro work is bundled together? File/film details can still be posted and is there really anyone so small minded that they can´t bear to see all formats together? Or would that be part of the problem, a playing field too level for some?

For myself, I like to see pro pictures; which camera they come from matters not a jot. What matters is that they be interesting and their purpose known.

What do you think about this?

Rob C

I say the it doesnt matter how its structured, the audience stays the same nevertheless. You wont change a bit by restructuring. I say this from extensive experience in other forums.

Regarding the "missing" comments here, why do you see missing reactions as odd? Im sure they attract attention and guide in visitors, in other words, serve their purpose regardless of comments. Beauty is not enhanced by talking

That said, I like Michaels work very much and I frequently do find stuff here wich really inspires me, and also Cliff's edge is really strong.

Christian
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:18:32 am by Christian Miersch »

michael

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:23 am »

There is a MAJOR restructuring coming to the Forums (and indeed the whole site) within the next six months or so. This will hopefully address this issue as well as many others.

Michael

Rob C

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 09:59:07 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Beauty is not enhanced by talking

Christian

An opinion, certainly, but you could extend that sort of argument to beauty ain´t enhanced by the showing, either.

Rob C

Rob C

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 10:00:54 am »

Quote from: michael
There is a MAJOR restructuring coming to the Forums (and indeed the whole site) within the next six months or so. This will hopefully address this issue as well as many others.

Michael

I´m sure you won´t allow it to happen, but let us pray no babies get dumped along with the bathwater! There is much that´s great within these walls.

Rob C

cmi

Cliff´s Edge
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 01:19:11 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
An opinion, certainly, but you could extend that sort of argument to beauty ain´t enhanced by the showing, either.

Rob C

Rob,

Nah  What I wanted to say, Im sure many people enjoy these images also if they dont comment.

And to the planned restructuring, if the structure here gets more clear, thats obviously a good thing!

All the best,

Christian
Pages: [1]   Go Up