Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Apollo 11 40th Anniversary  (Read 8459 times)

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
Hasselblad Apollo 11 40th Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:36 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
All silliness aside, NASA has suffered some credibility problems due to R.C. Hoagland's muckraking, but also because of their long-time association with the boys from Peenemunde.

Balderdash.  Apollo is arguably the most well documented series of events in the history of mankind.  Spend enough time with the evidence and enough time fleshing out the mistakes of the hoaxers claims and there is only one conclusion...the missions happened exaclty as advertised.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:53:21 pm by infocusinc »
Craig Lamson Photo

cyberean

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 12:01:06 am »

hey ... perhaps instead of an all expenses paid trip to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida,
Hasselblad could arrange an all expense paid trip to Hawaii's Keck observatory, where the lucky
winner can search for all them Hasselblad cameras left on the moon ...

evidently, one can never have enough evidence ...

dalethorn

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 12:25:29 am »

Quote from: infocusinc
Balderdash.  Apollo is arguably the most well documented series of events in the history of mankind.  Spend enough time with the evidence and enough time fleshing out the mistakes of the hoaxers claims and there is only one conclusion...the missions happened exaclty as advertised.

Not intended as a comment on Apollo.  R.C. Hoagland gets whatever credibility he has not on Apollo hoaxes, but on other items he claims NASA is failing to publish.  And the relationship of NASA to Germans who had much of their personnel records laundered is simple history, and somewhat embarrassing.  The 60's and 70's missions may seem like fun and games, but it's very serious business with the astronauts, for all kinds of reasons, national security not excepted.  It's that last part, and the public's acquaintance with the likes of 007 and Tom Clancy books that help fuel various speculations.  I won't say I buy any of the stories, but I sure made a good partial living selling books on this stuff.  And that *was* a lot of fun and games. C'est la vie.

dalethorn

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 12:46:27 am »

Interesting, too, when you think of the heroic sacrifice of many of those astronauts who did pioneering space work, and didn't make it back home, what a small world it really is.  Judy Resnik would occasionally do some work at daddy's office on Market St. in Akron.  Dr. Resnik was our family optometrist for many years.  When our retail store crew ate breakfast at the restaurant across from Polly's in Santa Monica, one of the waiters mentioned that she was a relative of Christa McAuliffe (sister or sister-in-law, don't remember which).  Makes it a little bit personal anyway.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 09:04:50 am »

Quote from: cyberean
hey ... perhaps instead of an all expenses paid trip to NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida,
Hasselblad could arrange an all expense paid trip to Hawaii's Keck observatory, where the lucky
winner can search for all them Hasselblad cameras left on the moon ...

evidently, one can never have enough evidence ...

Interesting though but your suggestion would require something with a bit more resolving power...
Craig Lamson Photo

Craig Lamson

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 09:09:25 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
Not intended as a comment on Apollo.  R.C. Hoagland gets whatever credibility he has not on Apollo hoaxes, but on other items he claims NASA is failing to publish.  And the relationship of NASA to Germans who had much of their personnel records laundered is simple history, and somewhat embarrassing.  The 60's and 70's missions may seem like fun and games, but it's very serious business with the astronauts, for all kinds of reasons, national security not excepted.  It's that last part, and the public's acquaintance with the likes of 007 and Tom Clancy books that help fuel various speculations.  I won't say I buy any of the stories, but I sure made a good partial living selling books on this stuff.  And that *was* a lot of fun and games. C'est la vie.

Hoagland has "credibility"?  I must have missed that when I studied his work. In any case we are kind of moving off topic here but I would be more than happy to discuss this in greater detail in say the coffee cup or at a different forum.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:12:04 am by infocusinc »
Craig Lamson Photo

dalethorn

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 11:17:08 am »

Hoagland has "credibility"?  I must have missed that when I studied his work. In any case we are kind of moving off topic here but I would be more than happy to discuss this in greater detail in say the coffee cup or at a different forum.

No need - no disagreement here.  I mean, look at the History Channel - Bigfoot, Nessie et al.  I've become accustomed to finding things in their appropriate places in the bookstores, but I have to wonder whose idea it was to put that stuff on the History channel.  Seems like there are other channels they could use.

cyberean

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 12:44:04 pm »

Interesting though but your suggestion would require something with a bit more resolving power...
nah ... one can just use their imagination to compensate
for what they don't see or can't find.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 05:18:26 pm »

Quote from: cyberean
nah ... one can just use their imagination to compensate
for what they don't see or can't find.

Or maybe they need a p65..opps..sorry Hassy thread...h60....
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up