Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facade  (Read 1587 times)

cmi

Facade
« on: July 02, 2009, 06:00:17 pm »

I went up early, and on the way to my other shoot I saw this all cleaned up, well-kept estate with this hedge in front of the house. Looked good in that light. I tried quite hard to come up with some view wich refleted my feelings but Im not satisfied. So im wondering what I could have done better about it. One thing thats of course obvious is the hose, but apart from that? Also since I was not so happy with it, I tried to come up with a better crop. An after-thought Im also not sure about, but somehow I also like it.

Christian
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:21:57 pm by cmi »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Facade
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:05 pm »

Christian, #2 is a very fine piece of work. The hose belongs in the picture. This is a picture of a certain kind of domestic tranquility, but it has a wonderful bit of playfulness in it. It sort of reminds me of Elliott Erwitt's sense of humor. I do wish you'd gotten the peak of the roof and the tops of the chimneys in the picture, though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:43:08 pm by RSL »
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

dalethorn

Facade
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:22:13 pm »

First impressions:
#1 - Pile of stones with wall of green behind it.
#2 - Better, makes sense of the wall of green.
#3 - Interesting - this could work in some galleries - not the usual ho-hum photo of a house and surrounds.

cmi

Facade
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:04:22 am »

Thanks for your comments.

Russ, your view is very interesting for me. I was not aware about the humorous part, I have difficulties seeing that. For me it became something about strong order and tidieness. But when I looked up Elliot Erwitt at Magnum... that blew me away completely! Many thanks for mentioning him! I really like his work. And I agree a complete roof with chimneys would be better.

Christian
Pages: [1]   Go Up