Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B & H ads  (Read 1752 times)

REZPhotos

B & H ads
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:13:31 pm »

I've been a satisfied customer of B & H for some time now.  Recently, I noted in two different magazines ( Popular Photography and Outdoor Photographer - July issues) the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS lens listed as $1499 with a $200 instant rebate.  That seemed to be an excellent price for a very good lens so I called B & H.  No deal they said.  The ads were too old and the new price - $1699 - was due to something  "out of their control."  Since I can get it for less, I didn't buy it from B and H.  But now I have to wonder if their extensive ads have any bearing on reality or should they just be treated as a list of items B & H carries.  Anybody else have a similar experience?

DarkPenguin

B & H ads
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 04:15:45 pm »

Quote from: REZPhotos
I've been a satisfied customer of B & H for some time now.  Recently, I noted in two different magazines ( Popular Photography and Outdoor Photographer - July issues) the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS lens listed as $1499 with a $200 instant rebate.  That seemed to be an excellent price for a very good lens so I called B & H.  No deal they said.  The ads were too old and the new price - $1699 - was due to something  "out of their control."  Since I can get it for less, I didn't buy it from B and H.  But now I have to wonder if their extensive ads have any bearing on reality or should they just be treated as a list of items B & H carries.  Anybody else have a similar experience?

Ads in a magazine are set long before the magazine is printed.  Prices will change.

Pages: [1]   Go Up