Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Park foliage & wildflowers  (Read 1922 times)

John R

High Park foliage & wildflowers
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:01:51 pm »

I like the first shot a lot because of the bokeh and the contrast of colours, but the third shot proves I am going to need new glasses, as it is not quite as sharp as I thought. I think the flowers are sickle leaved golden asters, but I am sure Wolfnowl might tell me. Straight out of the camera and just a little brightening. Just dropped my Pentax K10D and ruined the 50-200, so I will have to look for a new lens.

JMR
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:10:46 am by John R »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:33:09 am »

Hi John:  Looks like common buttercup (Ranunculus sp.) to me.  It's definitely not an aster.  The other looks like a type of sword fern.

Nice work, BTW!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

John R

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 09:07:48 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Hi John:  Looks like common buttercup (Ranunculus sp.) to me.  It's definitely not an aster.  The other looks like a type of sword fern.

Nice work, BTW!

Mike.
Thanks Mike, just looked them up, looks like creeping buttercup, as you said. They were so tall, about 2ft., so I never expected they were buttercups.

JMR
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 09:18:51 am by John R »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:16:38 am »

Nice play of lines and dof. Any way to give them a bit more "pop", they look a bit dull (or is that on purpose).
pieter, aka pegelli

John R

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:22:50 am »

Quote from: pegelli
Nice play of lines and dof. Any way to give them a bit more "pop", they look a bit dull (or is that on purpose).
I tried that, and the problem with more pop is they lose the soft bokeh. These are straight out of the camera except for a touch of brightness level, not contrast, as this too adversely affects the bokeh. There is supposed to be a way to adjust the main subject without affecting the bokeh (background), but I don't know how to do this yet. Appreciate the comments.

JMR
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 12:52:47 pm by John R »
Pages: [1]   Go Up