Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for a new section  (Read 8182 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Suggestion for a new section
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:36:02 am »

Hi,

I'd suggest a new section to the forum like "Asset management and Presentation" with subsections:

- DAM
- Printing, framing, hanging and illuminating
- Presentation on the Web

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

michael

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:56 am »

How many people think there's enough traffic on this to justify a separate section?

Michael

Del

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:57 am »

Great idea. At this point in time, the proposed new section would be of great interest to me.  I hope it is a go-but I realize there is limited digital real estate with which to work without having things too cumbersome.

Del
Del

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 09:22:16 am »

Can't really see the need. There aren't that many such posts, and there are already strong forums on DAM like Peter Krogh's or Controlled vocabulary. It'll be just like the other raw converters section. Clutter.

John

framah

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 09:45:57 am »

The few times these  issues come up, they seem to be handled quite nicely where they are posted.
That would be a no.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

cmi

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 10:21:47 am »

I dont need such a section here. I also feel its too specialized regarding the overall traffic.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:53:10 am »

Quote from: ErikKaffehr
Hi,

I'd suggest a new section to the forum like "Asset management and Presentation" with subsections:

- DAM
- Printing, framing, hanging and illuminating
- Presentation on the Web

Best regards
Erik

I would combine the RAW converter forums.  I'd add an organization/backup forum.  I'd re purpose the Digital Projection forum to be a Presentation forum (including digital projection, web presentation, gallery presentation, framing, hanging and illuminating).  I'd rename the Wet Darkroom forum to the "In my day we didn't have pixels.  We had chemicals that turned your nails black and killed the cats.  That's the way it was and we liked it." forum.  I'd drop "digital cameras" from the "digital cameras & shooting techniques" forum.

Alternately leaving it as is would be good, too.

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:18:21 am »

I think there is a good argument for a DAM/file management section and it would allow for the Camera RAW/LR forums to be merged.  I've never been too sure what the difference is between the "Cameras, lenses and shooting gear" and the "digital cameras and shooting techniques" fora in practise and agree that dropping the "digital cameras" might lead to a more interesting forum with questions such as "how do I successfully shoot a skydiving mongoose?" rather than the more hardware based questions that fit happily in Cameras, lenses...

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 02:25:12 pm »

Hi,

It seems that my suggestion generated pretty little interest, so I guess RIP.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: michael
How many people think there's enough traffic on this to justify a separate section?

Michael
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up