Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9880 CMYK or Dual CMYK mode?  (Read 7851 times)

NKL

Epson 9880 CMYK or Dual CMYK mode?
« on: July 01, 2009, 08:24:16 pm »

Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for a while now, but have never gotten a chance to sign up untill now!  

I understand that the Wasatch SoftRIP will enable me the ability to print in CMYK mode (and Dual CMYK) but as for now, I cant afford to purchase a $3500 Program...

Is the a cheap alternative to Print in CMYK (4-channels) while disabing the LC,LM,LK,LLK?
or better yet, print in Dual CMYK mode?

My intentions are to print in CMYK Dye Sublimation Ink on textiles.

greatly appreciated...

NKL

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:36:37 pm »

Anyone?
this is quite urgent.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 06:28:47 pm »

Quote from: NKL
Anyone?
this is quite urgent.

We run Sawgrass inks in 2 12' Mamaki printers and couple of 4880's for dye transfer to fabric.

The Mimaki's are driven via Wasatch RIP, but I believe the 4880's just use the Sawgrass 8 ink 4880 solution, so it's just like printing with standard Epson ink.  I'm unaware of anyway to run Dual CMYK without using a RIP - but I'm out of my element on this so I won't say there isn't a way.  I have asked my plant manager how they drive the 4880's (maybe they are doing something I"m not aware of) but he's out for the weekend.

What inkset are you wanting to use?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:30:10 pm by Wayne Fox »

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:26:44 pm »

Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for a while now, but have never gotten a chance to sign up untill now!  

I understand that the Wasatch SoftRIP will enable me the ability to print in CMYK mode (and Dual CMYK) but as for now, I cant afford to purchase a $3500 Program...

Is the a cheap alternative to Print in CMYK (4-channels) while disabing the LC,LM,LK,LLK?

greatly appreciated...

I don't think you can bypass the printers driver, and without that I don't think yuo can get cymk seperation. Even if you use 4 colors as the inks, the driver will take the CMYK file and translate it to RGB in the driver, then that spreads to the inksets. As far as my undserstanding
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 02:50:51 am »

Hello all,

greatly appreciated...

The cheapest way would be to exchange your 9880 for a 9400 if available. The driver will not give you the control on the sublimation inks that a RIP gives and as I understand it that is importnat in textile etc printing.  I see advertising on the web for sublimation solutions with Dual CMYK on 9880's, 9800's etc. You must have seen that too. Whether it will be a cheaper solution is questionable. With the normal Epson driver or even Gutenprint it is unlikely that you can tinker a solution yourself with the 9880.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

NKL

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 03:33:44 pm »

Thank you very muuch for your replies everybody.
It is unfornate that the epson drivers don't alow for Dual CMYK.

I ended up purchasing the Wasatch SoftRIP 6.5. I there are built in profiles for CMYK.
However, I am still not able to find the option to customize InkSets for dual CMYK.

The "custom inkset tab" does not appear. as per instructions "http://www.wasatch.com/pdf/creatingCustomInksets.pdf"

Thanks everybody again for replying.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 06:08:24 pm »

Thank you very muuch for your replies everybody.
It is unfornate that the epson drivers don't alow for Dual CMYK.

I ended up purchasing the Wasatch SoftRIP 6.5. I there are built in profiles for CMYK.
However, I am still not able to find the option to customize InkSets for dual CMYK.

The "custom inkset tab" does not appear. as per instructions "http://www.wasatch.com/pdf/creatingCustomInksets.pdf"

Thanks everybody again for replying.

I belive there is a Yahoo group for large format printers, and I remember a couple of the users had WasatchRIP on their system.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up