Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7900 Head Run Dry  (Read 1590 times)

deanb2010

7900 Head Run Dry
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:29:41 am »

Something funny happened to me tonight.  I was printing several prints and when I was done, I happened to do a nozzle check on my 7900 (I usually don't do this).  The photo black (PK) nozzle check was completely gone. (The last print, BTW, looked just fine and had lots of black in it.) The cart had indicated 1% for awhile (but nothing out of the ordinary from other cartridges when after a while the printer stopped and told me a color was out).  I replaced the PK with a new cartridge then did several head pair cleanings and after about the 5th one started to get a few lines back on the nozzle check.  Right now about 5% have reappeared. I decided to let it rest for the night, and I'll check again in the morning.

Anything like this happen to anyone else? Thanks.

Mulis Pictus

• http://mulispictus.cz
7900 Head Run Dry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:53:43 am »

Quote from: deanb2010
Something funny happened to me tonight.  I was printing several prints and when I was done, I happened to do a nozzle check on my 7900 (I usually don't do this).  The photo black (PK) nozzle check was completely gone. (The last print, BTW, looked just fine and had lots of black in it.) The cart had indicated 1% for awhile (but nothing out of the ordinary from other cartridges when after a while the printer stopped and told me a color was out).  I replaced the PK with a new cartridge then did several head pair cleanings and after about the 5th one started to get a few lines back on the nozzle check.  Right now about 5% have reappeared. I decided to let it rest for the night, and I'll check again in the morning.

Anything like this happen to anyone else? Thanks.

Not quite like this, but I noticed my 7900 clogged sometime during the print, just one nozzle each time though. It was serviced since then (because of broken ANC and frequent clogging) so I hope it will be better now.

mikev1

7900 Head Run Dry
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:47:12 pm »

Dealing with this same issue right now.

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
7900 Head Run Dry
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:49:47 pm »

I've seen this before on 98/9880's but not as of yet on the X900 series. I have to say however that after using the new models now some 6 months, I haven't found the nozzle clogs to much less of an issue than on the previous generation. There is also the simple fact that there there are now more inks and therefore more nozzles to clog. I applaud the ability to clean pairs, and the automatic nozzle checking, but the fact remains that the technology is susceptible to clogging. More than anything it seems that environmental issues dictate people's experiences regarding the frequency of clogs.
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
7900 Head Run Dry
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:45:16 pm »

I purchased a tradeshow demo and when it arrived my first print produced horribly weak reds (oh dear!).  A check print indeed showed zero working orange nozzles, and a single head cleaning fixed it.  Being brand new to the machine I didn't yet know to run clean one pair only.  I was a little peeved at my dealer for shipping the unit before I told them I was back in town to accept delivery, and the printer rode around in the delivery truck in nasty snowstorm weather while the trucking line attempted redeliveries.  The exterior cosmetics showed rub wear in a couple spots and left me worried about the internals.  It's been okay since, sometimes cleaning is required, sometimes not, but I don't think ever more than one cycle.  Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up