Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is ther a compatability problem with Leopard/CS4 and Epson 3800 drivers?  (Read 3118 times)

hassiman

I told that there is a compatabilty problem wit Apple's Leopard , PS CS4 and the drivers for the Epson 3800 printer.  has anyone on the forum had a problem with the 3800 and PS CS4 running with Leopard?

Anyone here tried printing to the 3800 from Adobe LightRoom?  Any tips?

Thanks...

Printing newbie

greyscale

Is ther a compatability problem with Leopard/CS4 and Epson 3800 drivers?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:30:28 am »

Quote from: hassiman
I told that there is a compatabilty problem wit Apple's Leopard , PS CS4 and the drivers for the Epson 3800 printer.  has anyone on the forum had a problem with the 3800 and PS CS4 running with Leopard?

Thanks...

Printing newbie

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html
The above link probobly has an answer for you.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:31:12 am »

Bottom line ... as long as Photoshop is managing colors and color management is disabled in the printer driver you should be fine.

If on the other hand you want the printer to manage color (when using ABW for example) or want to print unmanaged documents, such as targets for profiling, there are issues.  The link posted and the workaround for ABW also works for printing profile targets.

Jim-St

• http://www.lochaberphoto.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:08 am »

I noticed this on the Epson UK site today: http://www.epson.co.uk/Printers-and-All-In...TEGORY_CODE=DRV : new driver at 28/5/09, of which is said: "The Advanced B&W mode (if available as driver option) and Color mode is improved with the driver option "No Color Management" and Adobe Photoshop CS4". May be of relevance to your question.

3800 works just fine out of Lightroom 2 for me. My only grumble being I had to do many, many round trips to PS to redo soft-proofing after I upgraded to the 3800 from my old R800. But soft-proofing and LR is another story altogether, told and retold elsewhere in these forums... Roll on LR3 (or LR4, or 5, or 6 - whichever gets soft-prooofing in Print  module)

hassiman

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:43:05 am »

Has anyone here yet tried out this new Epson  Driver 6.57 for the 3800?

I have downloaded it but not yet loaded it.  Should the old 6.11 driver be un-installed first or just over write the old driver?

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »

Has anyone here yet tried out this new Epson  Driver 6.57 for the 3800?

I have downloaded it but not yet loaded it.  Should the old 6.11 driver be un-installed first or just over write the old driver?

From where, exactly, did you download the 6.57 driver? I just checked on the Epson USA support site and it's still at 6.11.

Regarding the original question of the thread: for printing RGB color images, I have not observed any compatibility issues between CS4, Leopard, and the 3800, when printing via driver 6.11 from the Epson USA site. I also print via Lightroom 2 to my 3800 without issues.

There are some known issues regarding printing in the Advanced B&W (ABW) mode, hopefully to be resolved once and for all, but these can be worked around.
Eric Chan

hassiman

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »

Quote from: madmanchan
From where, exactly, did you download the 6.57 driver? I just checked on the Epson USA support site and it's still at 6.11.

Regarding the original question of the thread: for printing RGB color images, I have not observed any compatibility issues between CS4, Leopard, and the 3800, when printing via driver 6.11 from the Epson USA site. I also print via Lightroom 2 to my 3800 without issues.

There are some known issues regarding printing in the Advanced B&W (ABW) mode, hopefully to be resolved once and for all, but these can be worked around.

If you look at Jim-St post above you will see the link to the new driver on the Epson UK website.

Below is the Epron's description of the driver:

Download Driver  {v.6.57:} 28-May-2009, 44.03 MBs

Operating Systems:
Mac OS X - PowerPC, Mac OS X - Intel

Languages:
English, Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Portugues

Products:
Epson Stylus Pro 3800

WHQL Certified:
No

File Format:
DMG

Additional Information:

The Advanced B&W mode (if available as driver option) and Color mode is improved with the driver option "No Color Management" and Adobe Photoshop CS4

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:18:02 pm by hassiman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up