A few questions for the Hasselblad?
1) This back is shipping when?
I expect the CV39 to ship in August 2009.
2) I noticed there is no DAC available for any of the FE series lenses. I assume this was a business decision based on the numbers of these lenses out there, and not a technical limitation? If I did take the plunge a number of my lenses would be FE, and I'd like to know if there's even a chance that they could one day benefit from DAC.
Hasselblad offered the most popular or most commonly used lenses in the V line. I think there is excellent coverage from 40mm to 350mm. Granted the 250 and 350mm are SA and are unique in their own right. The quantities of F/FE lenses sold are far fewer then those the V system.
It does take a great deal of time for our optical specialist to make these calculations and this is one reason why we have not mapped al optics that were manufactured many decades ago. I will inquire regarding possible future additions.
3) Is the back available in black trim?
4) I assume for portrait orientation 4:3 shots, the back must be removed, rotated 90 degrees and reattached?
The CFV has one orientation: landscape. If you wish to compose in portrait/vertical position then i suggest utilizing an HC 3, HC 4, RM 2 viewfinder. Of course you can use a waistlevel finder or a 45 degree prism but this may be a little difficult to work with.
5) Is lens information included in the CFV metadata? (CFE/FE lenses of course)
6) What happens with DAC when a 1.4x TC is used?
Yes, you can use DAC but the 1.4x tele-converter has not been included as a selectable option and is therefore not included in the lens calculations.
7) Shooting in crop mode is simply a metadata setting that Phocus respects? ie. If I have the camera set to shoot square, and change my mind in post, can I still "reveal" the full 4:3 shot?
Yes and Yes
What is the LiveView story for the CFV39?
I imagine that Live Video will be available as it is with the CFVII and CFII backs.
9) Who should I contact to arrange for a test drive? (I am based in Seattle, WA).
You can contacts Glazer's in Seattle, they are an autorized Hasselblad dealer or follow this link for Hasselblad regional manager
V Lens Correction: