Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CFV39  (Read 42136 times)

erick.boileau

• http://
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 11:31:46 am »

a very very good new !!!  
thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:32:02 am by erick.boileau »

happyman

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 11:52:44 am »

64 sec with H3D - whatever soon means.

they sayed "coming soon" about to years ago, too.

ok, next winter i need it definitely.

vandevanterSH

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 12:50:06 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
I'm not going to sell my SWC903 now!

It will be nice to get almost the full width of the Biogon 38mm.  Just need an easy way to mask the viewfinder for a rectangle.

Steve

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 12:55:56 pm »

David or Paul,

Could either one of you clarify the statement on Hasselblad's website that states that
the new back is not recommended for critical work with the SWC series or ArcBody.

I have used both systems with Leaf Aptus and Phase  P45 backs and didn't have any issues
apart from expected color shift that was correctible in each backs respective software.

Is this the only issue that a user of Arc  or SWC cameras might expect?

Thanks,
Mark

vandevanterSH

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 02:32:09 pm »

Could either one of you clarify the statement on Hasselblad's website that states that
the new back is not recommended for critical work with the SWC series or ArcBody.
I would also be interested in the answer.  The "not recommended" began with the CFVII.  I have seen speculation that the new IR filter in the CFVII may create color casts at the edges of images taken with non-retrofocused lenses such as the Biogon 38mm.

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 04:22:21 pm »

I recently got a square Hasselblad to shoot with film, not really intending to use it in a non-analogue way, but, what about this idea:

A classic mount mechanical leaf shutter C lens that would be the equivalent of what Nikon calls "DX", or reduced image circle - just sufficient to cover 645 - optimized for digital capture ant a reasonable price (same as DX lenses that are not larger or more expensive that non-DX ones), say, a 28mm and a 35mm.

I understand that we are all waiting for the 6x6 sensor and line of backs, but one thing doesn't get in the way of the other. It would be an option for all the existing V mount that have a 645 or smaller sensor size.

Same for Mamiya RZ. And they (Mamiya RZ: could you do an arc-body please?)
[font=Comic Sa

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 05:03:59 pm »

Quote from: vandevanterSH
I would also be interested in the answer.  The "not recommended" began with the CFVII.  I have seen speculation that the new IR filter in the CFVII may create color casts at the edges of images taken with non-retrofocused lenses such as the Biogon 38mm.

To answer your question I attach the following PDF.

It is a matter of edge to edge sharpness in demanding applications that may be an issue.

I say 'may' as many customers are very happy with the performance of the SWC in using 39MP and larger sensors so it is really your decision regarding the purchase.  We make the statement just to make sure nobody is mislead.

Best,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 05:45:41 pm »

Thanks for the PDF, David.

The potential  edge sharpness issues that are explained within would appear to be most prominent
in user applications where wide open apertures are required.

Would it be a safe assumption to say that for landscape use where apertures between, say, f 11 to f 16
were the target  then the edge sharpness issues would be a relative non-issue.

If I was satisfied with prior results using Arc or SWC in conjunction with other DB's then I should expect no less
with this new back from Hasselblad.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:48:10 pm by mtomalty »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 05:55:55 pm »

Quote from: mtomalty
Thanks for the PDF, David.

The potential  edge sharpness issues that are explained within would appear to be most prominent
in user applications where wide open apertures are required.

Would it be a safe assumption to say that for landscape use where apertures between, say, f 11 to f 16
were the target  then the edge sharpness issues would be a relative non-issue.

If I was satisfied with prior results using Arc or SWC in conjunction with other DB's then I should expect no less
with this new back from Hasselblad.

Mark

Hi Mark,

No problem,

Yes I think your assumptions are safe.  There is no reason that there would be any less performance with the CFV back compared to other backs.

Best,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Josef Isayo

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »

So if you're using the square option the lens factor is increased by 50%?
Also I assume this will work without any cables with my 2000 FC/M?

Thanks!

PS: what is the US price for this back?

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 01:43:31 pm »

Josef,

For 200 and 2000 Series cameras

The 201F and all 2000 series cameras are a mechanical focal plane shutter cameras and do not have
built in exposure metering as the 202, 203 and 205 cameras do. Therefore they can not be modified
by Hasselblad for cable free operation with the CFV.

You can use the 201F, 202FA, 203FE, 205TCC, 205FCC and 2000FC, 2000FCM, 2000FCW and
2003FCW cameras with your F and FE lenses with the Hasselblad CFV and use the focal plane
shutter with speeds up to 1/2000th shutter speed provided you use a Kapture group                    
One-Shot HA-001 Cable Release.  

There are three leads on the One-Shot release that need to be connected to the body and back.

1. Connection to Shutter Release button on the 200 series body.
2. Connection to Flash Synch port of the 200 series body.
3. Connection to the Flash Synch in port on the CFV magazine.

Kapture Group  

Price is: USD $13,995.

Paul Claesson
Hasselblad USA

Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

jotloob

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:09 am »

Quote from: erick.boileau
10000 including VAT is a good price
Eric

10.000 including VAT is not quite correct .

My information from HASSELBLAD Germany is , that the price will be 9.995 + VAT , which is currently 19% in Germany .

Also I read , that the longest exposure time will be 64 secs
In the datasheets , it says 32 secs. Might be a typo , as I have found two other typos as well .

Anyway , I think , it is a fairly good price .
I am not going to wait for a bigger square sensor any longer . You know , that I have given up hope for that .
But for my kind of work , the CFV-39 is just the best I can go for and which is currently on the market .
Therefore , I have placed an order for that back .
Delivery will be in August (hopefully)
I am very much looking forward to get that back .  

Jürgen
Jürgen

erick.boileau

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 07:02:17 am »

Jürgen  When you get it i'll be very interested by your opinion

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 12:26:54 pm »

Alll good things but in my opinion in complete denial of the V spirit, which by the way it is no news considering it is coming from "modern" Hasselblad. It is only competition for the H system.
Eduardo

Quote from: jotloob
Eric

10.000 including VAT is not quite correct .

My information from HASSELBLAD Germany is , that the price will be 9.995 + VAT , which is currently 19% in Germany .

Also I read , that the longest exposure time will be 64 secs
In the datasheets , it says 32 secs. Might be a typo , as I have found two other typos as well .

Anyway , I think , it is a fairly good price .
I am not going to wait for a bigger square sensor any longer . You know , that I have given up hope for that .
But for my kind of work , the CFV-39 is just the best I can go for and which is currently on the market .
Therefore , I have placed an order for that back .
Delivery will be in August (hopefully)
I am very much looking forward to get that back .  

Jürgen
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:28:32 pm by uaiomex »

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 08:10:04 pm »

I've tried a number of medium format systems for nature photography and had all but given up.

I had explored a project getting a Phase One P45+ to work with a Hasselblad 203FE in focal plane shutter mode, but in the end decided it would be too much work.  But now this--a cable-free high resolution digital V-series camera!

Very tempting...    

A few questions for the Hasselblad?

1) This back is shipping when?

2) I noticed there is no DAC available for any of the FE series lenses.  I assume this was a business decision based on the numbers of these lenses out there, and not a technical limitation?  If I did take the plunge a number of my lenses would be FE, and I'd like to know if there's even a chance that they could one day benefit from DAC.

3) Is the back available in black trim?

4) I assume for portrait orientation 4:3 shots, the back must be removed, rotated 90 degrees and reattached?

5) Is lens information included in the CFV metadata? (CFE/FE lenses of course)

6) What happens with DAC when a 1.4x TC is used?

7) Shooting in crop mode is simply a metadata setting that Phocus respects?  ie. If I have the camera set to shoot square, and change my mind in post, can I still "reveal" the full 4:3 shot?

8) What is the LiveView story for the CFV39?

9) Who should I contact to arrange for a test drive?  (I am based in Seattle, WA).

Thanks,
-Brad
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:40:43 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 10:15:32 pm »

4) I assume for portrait orientation 4:3 shots, the back must be removed, rotated 90 degrees and reattached?

I doubt if this is possible.

You might have to put the camera on it's side.

Not very practical.

Also issues with the mask on the ground glass.

That's what I didn't like about the Hy6.

Regards,

Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 10:35:11 pm »

Phase does this on the V, so it's definitely possible, I wonder if Hassy did this or not?

Since writing these questions, I've read preliminary reports that the back is not rotatable...  I hate pulling my back off in the middle of the shoot as much as the next guy, but not even having the choice to leave it in, say portrait orientation makes it awfully tough for the WLF lover!  

The Hy6 mask from Sinar was like a big + sign in the viewfinder--I found this difficult to use.  But I modified one of my phase Hassy V masks and dropped it in--it gives full rectangle lines for both portrait and landscape--I found that *much* easier to use, personally.

Quote from: rethmeier

I doubt if this is possible.

You might have to put the camera on it's side.

Not very practical.

Also issues with the mask on the ground glass.

That's what I didn't like about the Hy6.

Regards,

Willem.
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

PeterA

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 11:37:51 pm »

I am enjoying my CFV11 on a 205TCC system - since the new 39 megapixel back still maintains a 1.5X crop - the extra megapixels aren't of much use to me. Also in real world use the FAT BOY 9 micron pixels on CFV11 are more kind and forgiving (on lets face it) very old tech glass in F/FE form. As a wildlife shooting machine I have to say  - I couldn't think of anything more clunky or ill conceived than a huge mirror slapped system like the 200+ series - maybe an RZ system would be even less appropriate. -

Still it isnt the camera or lens it is always the photographer and there is no denying if you like using something - irrespective of how theoretically inappropriate it may be - you have a much better chance of getting the images you want.

I am really enjoying the Schneiders Bradley  - they are truly wonderful lenses. if you are serious about going the CF route drop me a line I have a bunch of F/FE lenses in mint condition and boxes as well as a modified 205TCC and a bunch of stuff I would be happy to sell. I am extremely happy with the Hy6 and Schneider lenses btw and the Sinar back has been a revelation int terms of file quality - much like my M8 actually punches Way above its theoretical weight  - probably no surprise since the same company does the software for both systems.

Cheers
Pete

Carsten W

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:14 am »

Brad, someone mentioned in another thread that you can attach the back sideways on the correct I-Adapter. I would look into that. I presume it is the same setup which works for the CF backs.
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

Bas Stekelenburg

Hasselblad CFV39
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 05:44:41 am »

Quote from: bradleygibson
I've tried a number of medium format systems for nature photography and had all but given up.

I had explored a project getting a Phase One P45+ to work with a Hasselblad 203FE in focal plane shutter mode, but in the end decided it would be too much work.  But now this--a cable-free high resolution digital V-series camera!

Very tempting...    

A few questions for the Hasselblad?

1) This back is shipping when?

2) I noticed there is no DAC available for any of the FE series lenses.  I assume this was a business decision based on the numbers of these lenses out there, and not a technical limitation?  If I did take the plunge a number of my lenses would be FE, and I'd like to know if there's even a chance that they could one day benefit from DAC.

3) Is the back available in black trim?

5) Is lens information included in the CFV metadata? (CFE/FE lenses of course)

6) What happens with DAC when a 1.4x TC is used?

7) Shooting in crop mode is simply a metadata setting that Phocus respects?  ie. If I have the camera set to shoot square, and change my mind in post, can I still "reveal" the full 4:3 shot?

8) What is the LiveView story for the CFV39?

9) Who should I contact to arrange for a test drive?  (I am based in Seattle, WA).

Thanks,
-Brad
Wth a 50/2.8, a 80/2.8, a 110/2.0, a 150/2.8 and a 250/4 for my 203FE, you might understand that I double or tripple or quadrupple your questions and are as eager for answers! In other word, good questions!
Bas
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 05:46:00 am by HasselBas »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up