Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! Desparetly need help copying Slide show DVDs  (Read 2206 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

HELP! Desparetly need help copying Slide show DVDs
« on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:14 pm »

Hi all: Hope someone can help me. I spent many hours making a slide show set to music using ProShow Gold. I love the program, and am very pleased with the resulting slide show. We are in a summer resort community, and I already sell my matted and framed seasape prints. This DVD slide show represents 50 years of my work and has over 300 images. I plan on selling through local gift shops and museums. I first made a "master" DVD and viewed it for any problems. I then used Nero Express to make about 20 duplicates. After a lot of time, the story is that all were faulty; they hung up about 3/4 of the way through (all at  the same spot). Today I made 35 "originals" i.e. I burned 35 disks individually directly from ProShow Gold. I randomly checked 7 disks, and two were bad--they hung up at one point or another. To check the finished disks, I have been fast forwarding each disk to look for hang ups. I am going nuts and wasting time and disks with this failure rate. I am using Taiyo Yuden DVD disks. I am thinking of purchasing a stand alone DVD duplicator that will hold 25 disks, and burn them individually unattended. Will the failure rate be better than individually burning? The slide show is 33 minutes. Summer is coming and I need to get the disks into gift shops pronto.    
Thanks in advance
Dave Gurtcheff, Beach Haven NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
[size="4"][/size]

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:14 am »

Take a good copy, create an image file (with verify) and write the image file on disc including the verify function, maybe also lowering the write speed.
A good and free program is ImgBurn - http://www.imgburn.com/

Sometimes there are problems with a certain combination of DVD brand and DVD writer, so you can try also a different DVD brand.

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:36:44 am »

I had a similar problem, also with Proshow Gold (except that my DVDs were given away!).  The problem turned out to be the paper label that was added to the DVD with the "Stomper".  I now print directly on the DVD and the problem has gone away.  True, the DVDs are now by a different manufacturer but I'd already tried several brands without success.  

Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:46:47 pm »

Quote from: gordonsbuck
I had a similar problem, also with Proshow Gold (except that my DVDs were given away!).  The problem turned out to be the paper label that was added to the DVD with the "Stomper".  I now print directly on the DVD and the problem has gone away.  True, the DVDs are now by a different manufacturer but I'd already tried several brands without success.
Thanks for the input. The disks failed before I put the labels on. I ordered a stand alone Microboards QDL-1000, which holds 25 disks and duplicates the original disk unattended. Anyone have personal experience with this duplicator? We were able to make about 35 disks to give resellers enough to get started. I receive more supplies Tuesday (jewel cases, printed labels, blank Taiyo Yudon DVD disks, and un-printed circular disk peel off labels).
I will report back as to how the duplicator works.  
Thanks again
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up