Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Keyword Lists and file renaming...  (Read 2570 times)

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Lightroom Keyword Lists and file renaming...
« on: June 23, 2009, 01:24:56 pm »

After watching "Where the #%*! Are My Pictures I was wondering if there is a resource for a kind of universal, bare bones, beginning keyword list to get started with...maybe something generic that I could build on...

Perhaps it's just better to roll my own but honest, for the hierarchy stuff I'm thinking my little brain ain't the best source, I just don't often think that way...

and for the first time I'm renaming my files with yyyymmdd, etc. and it makes perfect sense but I must admit it frightened me big time to be deleting the original raw numbers that come off my camera...I'm not even sure why now, it's just a number, but I thought it made sense as an original reference and was sacred...

I am following the advice about renaming files straight off my card now with glee, but I was wondering how to handle this if I've got several locations and differing subject matter on the same card...often I'll go out and shoot in the morning, then someplace else a bit later walking around, and maybe even wait a day and shoot again before downloading images...so I've got three or more sequences of different subject matter from one or two different days...any advice about how to handle this?...like i'm just not sure how to divide this up with custom text or into separate folders...

before, I would just download to my year/month folder and then add keywords in mass to files with names off of my camera...

Michael, Seth, thanks for all this important info...I was wowed and amazed...and Leo, thank you too...

and hey, Seth, my parents live across the street from you at 5555...

thanks for any tips...

M

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 01:46:13 pm »

If you check the last folder of your downloads, there is a text file giving you access to a discounted keyword set that Seth has for sale

Chris

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:00:34 pm »

Probably the best around is from controlledvocabulary.com. (correction)

John
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:17:57 pm by johnbeardy »

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:03:05 pm »

Quote from: ChrisSand
If you check the last folder of your downloads, there is a text file giving you access to a discounted keyword set that Seth has for sale

Chris

thanks Chris, I'll check this out...did not see this when going through the tutorial...hmmm, expensive...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:05:29 pm by momo2 »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 03:40:11 pm »

Quote from: momo2
thanks Chris, I'll check this out...did not see this when going through the tutorial...hmmm, expensive...
but a LOT of keywords - hierarchically arranged - and besides, someone has to pay for his wine...

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:09:35 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
Probably the best around is from controlledvocabulary.com. (correction)

John

thanks John, I'll check this out too...

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:37 pm »

Quote from: ChrisSand
but a LOT of keywords - hierarchically arranged - and besides, someone has to pay for his wine...

true...and let's not forget feeding leo...not a small expense...
Pages: [1]   Go Up