Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista Location Sharing  (Read 1983 times)

MichaelA

Vista Location Sharing
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »

Hello everybody... I've put together a website for the purpose of sharing locations of great Vistas and views photo opportunities. Do you think you have anything to share? Photo tips regarding that place, what gear to use, how to get there, access points, anything that would help one get there and make a great image are welcome.

Address of the website is: www.VistaScout.com

Thank you everybody in advance
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:33:53 pm by MichaelA »

Geoff Wittig

Vista Location Sharing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:13:17 am »

Quote from: MichaelA
Hello everybody... I've put together a website for the purpose of sharing locations of great Vistas and views photo opportunities. Do you think you have anything to share? Photo tips regarding that place, what gear to use, how to get there, access points, anything that would help one get there and make a great image are welcome.

Address of the website is: www.VistaScout.com

Thank you everybody in advance

Loading and redraw times for your website are brutal, despite a fairly fast Internet connection. Even if I'm interested it's too sluggish for me to want to explore the site. You may want to reduce the image sizes.
You may also want to apply some kind of organization to the vista sites by region. I quickly lose interest if it's jumping from South America to Europe to the Canadian Rockies, if I'm only interested in places accessible to my home for photographic trips.

Just my 2ยข

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
Vista Location Sharing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »

Enjoyed the visit. Does load a bit slowly.  Like the idea of the maps.  Agree that you need to give some thought to improved organization--especially as the site grows. You might want to consider small thumbnails of the photos with a short description. Clicking on the thumbnail would take to page with the full size photo and the map and more info.
Les
Pages: [1]   Go Up