Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: database enabled photo website  (Read 1437 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
database enabled photo website
« on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:09 pm »

I have a website I built with html over several years. The problem I'm running into is enabling individual print sales for all the photographs on my site, and automating the process. With html I would have to create an individual page for each photograph I want to sell (most of my many many hundreds of photographs on my site are for sale). I'm looking for a website where most of this work is done for me, perhaps one of the newer websites like photoshelter. My website design skills are old news now, never learned php or mysql, so am out of the game. Suggestions?

Alaska

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:05:57 pm »

Coppermine is a nice datebase photo gallery.  It is open source at no cost.  It is easy to install and to modify if you like to hack some code.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/

The other option is Drupal.  It has a number of gallery modules.  However, Coppermine would be my choice for ease of use.

Coppermine requires a host that will provide the following:

*  Good webserver (Apache recommended);
    * PHP (4.2.0 or better);
    * MySQL (3.23.23 or better; 4.x recommended);
    * either GD or ImageMagick (any version);

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 05:40:26 pm »

You could try Zenfolio.

Alternately Gallery and Coppermine are two PHP based galleries that should be able to support what you want.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »

Another good CMS (content management system) is Joomla.  There are a number of really nice add-ins for Joomla that sound like they are right up your ally - including shopping cart w/papal processing, image galleries, etc.    My website is using Joomla

hth - John
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 07:58:25 pm by Joh.Murray »
Pages: [1]   Go Up