Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mamiya service (Mac group)  (Read 3863 times)

woof75

mamiya service (Mac group)
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:01:34 pm »

Pretty much right on the 30,000 actuations mark my mamiya afd (mark 1) shutter broke, so as usual I contacted MAC group in Westchester, sent the body in and it was repaired immediately, and sent back to me, the whole thing took about 7 days from posting it to getting it back repaired. I also got them to check a couple of lenses and another body for me which they did for free. The person there you speak to on the phone is professional, and nice. Last time this happened I needed the camera straight away so they sent me a loaner, no questions asked, no deposits or anything, the only condition was that I sent it back to them when I'd done with it. Compare that to when my 1ds mark 2 needed a 3rd replacement for the wobbly firewire port and the difference is massive. It really shouldn't be overlooked, when your camera goes down, being able to send it somewhere that can sort it immediately is so valuable. Thank you Mamiya/MAC group.

DesW

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:37:29 pm »

Quote from: woof75
Pretty much right on the 30,000 actuations mark my mamiya afd (mark 1) shutter broke, so as usual I contacted MAC group in Westchester, sent the body in and it was repaired immediately, and sent back to me, the whole thing took about 7 days from posting it to getting it back repaired. I also got them to check a couple of lenses and another body for me which they did for free. The person there you speak to on the phone is professional, and nice. Last time this happened I needed the camera straight away so they sent me a loaner, no questions asked, no deposits or anything, the only condition was that I sent it back to them when I'd done with it. Compare that to when my 1ds mark 2 needed a 3rd replacement for the wobbly firewire port and the difference is massive. It really shouldn't be overlooked, when your camera goes down, being able to send it somewhere that can sort it immediately is so valuable. Thank you Mamiya/MAC group.

Hi there,

Well we'll see--they must be Clairvoyants/Magicians at Mac group-- we reported failings with the Phamiya body/ Seized up 28mm Lens and errors using the 65+ back---

The Email we received back stated lens was FINE?--do NOT send?? plus the P65+ is FINE as well also do not send!

WOW !-- so it was just the body eh?--Funny  I thought when a problem occurs  ALL the items associated should be checked--smart dudes at Mac!---

Well  the Body only is on  the way to MAC group-- I'll report if our news is as good as yours.

DesW

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

Good to hear other countries are good.
I'm still wondering when I get my camera back.
Going into 5 weeks now.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »

The MAC group is one of the best agents we ever dealt with when we lived in NY city. An excellent group of people. For the cost of the AFD bodies I have seen AFDII bodies go for less than 1500 USD on eBay. I sold my AFD body 6 months ago with a brand new shutter for $400 USD on eBay. With a second body you can use the extra battery holder as a spare & change the holder on the fly when the batteries die. You can also wait for the DF body which has an improved shutter lag, even better than the AFDIII  but digital only.
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

etrump

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 11:44:07 pm »

Just to add my experiences, I have had two lens problems (caused by me).  I paid a rush charge of a measly $35 and received my lens back (in my hands) in  3 or 4 days from the day they received them.  All repairs were perfect.

Sorry about your experience Frank!  Nothing is worse than having equipment in limbo.
Ed Cooley
 [url=http://www.whiteri

ivan muller

• Ivan Muller
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 06:28:25 am »

hi,

sounds good to me! My local agent cant repair anything so it all has to go back to Japan! when my 150 needed fixing it took about 6-8 weeks and  50% of the cost of a new one incl postage!

Regards, Ivan

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:19:36 am »

I wonder, does anyone know what is the expected shutter life on ZD camera?
Thanks,
michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up