Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antelope from the Texas panhandle  (Read 2116 times)

doccash

Antelope from the Texas panhandle
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:56:19 pm »

Canon 30D 40mmL Gloomy weather Dr.C                                                                                                                                                                                      

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:56:05 am »

Well captured!  Especially for the world's fastest land animal (yes cheetah's are faster, but only in a sprint).  This image reminds me of when I was doing environmental work for a gas pipeline in Saskatchewan.  My partner and I were out taking soil samples in some farmer's field and he had his big hound type dog with him.  There was a pronghorn about 50 yards away, and when the wind shifted the dog caught the scent.  Before we could stop him off he went.  The pronghorn stood there laughing at him for a few seconds and then ambled off.  The dog came back about half an hour later, heaving his lungs out, and probably vowed never to chase another pronghorn again.  It was like the old coyote/ roadrunner cartoon...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

doccash

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:09:18 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Well captured!  Especially for the world's fastest land animal (yes cheetah's are faster, but only in a sprint).  This image reminds me of when I was doing environmental work for a gas pipeline in Saskatchewan.  My partner and I were out taking soil samples in some farmer's field and he had his big hound type dog with him.  There was a pronghorn about 50 yards away, and when the wind shifted the dog caught the scent.  Before we could stop him off he went.  The pronghorn stood there laughing at him for a few seconds and then ambled off.  The dog came back about half an hour later, heaving his lungs out, and probably vowed never to chase another pronghorn again.  It was like the old coyote/ roadrunner cartoon...

Mike.
Thank you for looking Mike and appreciate your comments. Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up