Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 3.7 vs 4x  (Read 20512 times)

Phil Indeblanc

C1 3.7 vs 4x
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Phase One provides a pretty good user manual with the software; it is installed automatically with the program or you can download it separately.
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe[/font]

there you have it, and in fact, sounds like a good time saver.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:28:29 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

The View

C1 3.7 vs 4x
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 10:53:01 pm »

I just upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.8.3.

What I didn't like was the blurring of the image when you moved a slider.

For fine adjustments, this is impractical to me.

So I went right back to 4.1.1

Yes, 4.8.3 shows sharpness more accurately. But I can't work with this blurring delay.

I export to Photoshop with sharpening disabled, so I don't care about an exact sharpening setting. I just want to prepare luminosity and color so I have an ideal start for Photoshop work.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Phil Indeblanc

C1 3.7 vs 4x
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »

Quote from: The View
I just upgraded from 4.1.1 to 4.8.3.

What I didn't like was the blurring of the image when you moved a slider.

For fine adjustments, this is impractical to me.

So I went right back to 4.1.1

Yes, 4.8.3 shows sharpness more accurately. But I can't work with this blurring delay.

I export to Photoshop with sharpening disabled, so I don't care about an exact sharpening setting. I just want to prepare luminosity and color so I have an ideal start for Photoshop work.

I like my sharpening via C1.   I have recently tried the new 5.0, and I am getting used to it I think.  It is rather "heavy".  So many functions to keep and make sure you didn't enable or so on.  But I am hoping once I spend the time to make a seperate processing workspace saved, and another capture workspace saved without all the BS to keep track of, it will be nice.  I have not tied this, but I do hope the overall dark and blackish color the workspace uses can be adjusted.  I know this is not something major in anyway, but it does help me see the other apps I have running as having 2 apps with the same background with dual monitor and tools over other black apss, is confusing....if that makes sense :-)

I have yet to Capture with the new version, but looking forward to testing.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up