Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FYI: Checkout Error  (Read 8413 times)

StephenDesroches

• http://www.silverorange.com
FYI: Checkout Error
« on: June 19, 2009, 08:32:37 am »

I was still able to checkout but received this warning forcing me to create an exception in Firefox.

Secure Connection Failed
www.luminous-landscape.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 6/17/09 7:22 PM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

OnyimBob

• http://
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:54:32 am »

Quote from: StephenDesroches
I was still able to checkout but received this warning forcing me to create an exception in Firefox.

Secure Connection Failed
www.luminous-landscape.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 6/17/09 7:22 PM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

I have the same problem but was unable to click the final confirmation button - received the same (above) error message.
I'm unwilling to create an exception until this is clarified.
I don't believe my order or payment have  gone through???? Can you check please?
Cheers, Bob.
Bob Munro.
[url=http://www.waterholesgue

mguertin

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:10:07 am »

Hi Bob and Stephen

I have confirmed that the www.luminous-landscape.com certificate has indeed expired, but ... all store transactions should be going through https://store.luminous-landscape.com -- which has a valid certificate in place.

Can you give me a brief set of steps as to what you did to get this message?  Specifically if you followed a link to get into the store to make a purchase?  Also what OS version and browser are you using so I can properly test?

Thanks in advance

StephenDesroches

• http://www.silverorange.com
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:31:39 am »

OSX 10.5.6
Firefox 3.0.11

The error happened for me right after the bank security question when I was returned to the store to download. I applied the exception to ignore the security warning and was then taken to the download page.

Unfortunately, I can't test again without buying more content.

pflower

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:38:22 am »

I had the same problem on Safari Mac OSX 10.4.11 - I just followed the links from the store.

I tried again on Firefox which worked ok.  But although I received confirmation that payment had been made I have not received any download information and the files do not appear in my account.

Clearly there are some problems somewhere.

Quote from: mguertin
Hi Bob and Stephen

I have confirmed that the www.luminous-landscape.com certificate has indeed expired, but ... all store transactions should be going through https://store.luminous-landscape.com -- which has a valid certificate in place.

Can you give me a brief set of steps as to what you did to get this message?  Specifically if you followed a link to get into the store to make a purchase?  Also what OS version and browser are you using so I can properly test?

Thanks in advance

mguertin

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:47:05 am »

Ok we've found and isolated the issue and it should be fixed momentarily.  For anyone that purchased and the items haven't showed up in their account, please email customer service directly at and they will be able to resolve the issue for you and get the purchases into your account.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 11:48:19 am by mguertin »

Muir

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

I have tried emailing twice today and have not received a reply or a fix.  I paid by credit card, got confirmation you had charged my card and I should get an email with a download link but that has not arrived.

Muir Robertson

Quote from: mguertin
Ok we've found and isolated the issue and it should be fixed momentarily.  For anyone that purchased and the items haven't showed up in their account, please email customer service directly at and they will be able to resolve the issue for you and get the purchases into your account.

michael

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 02:48:17 pm »

Our customer service isn't out of a large call center in Bangalore, but rather is done by a lovely lady named Charlene who lives near Toronto.

Sometimes that means that when the workload is heavy, as it was today with the launch of a new product, replies take a few hours.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael

Jeff Magidson

• Artslides Digital Imaging
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 02:54:35 pm »

I'm in the same boat. I bet they are really busy with the release of the new video. LL has very good customer service. I'm sure they will correct your account in time.

Quote from: Muir
I have tried emailing twice today and have not received a reply or a fix.  I paid by credit card, got confirmation you had charged my card and I should get an email with a download link but that has not arrived.

Muir Robertson
~ Jeff Magidson
Custom Archival Printing
http://artslidesboston.com

Muir

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:03:31 pm »

Thats fine.  Generally I am patient with this sort of thing but was concerned that my email was perhaps not getting through as the many times I have purchased things here before there has always been a very fast response (usually a fix, or an aknowledgement of the problem).

I'll wait.  Hopefully I will be able to watch this over the weekend.

Muir

Quote from: Jeff Magidson
I'm in the same boat. I bet they are really busy with the release of the new video. LL has very good customer service. I'm sure they will correct your account in time.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 03:58:42 pm »

Quote from: Muir

Muir Robertson
The server reboot following the Security Certificate hiccup has given us quite a backlog of customer service issues - we are dancing as fast as we can - you will hear from us shortly

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up