Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding my own posts  (Read 2669 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Finding my own posts
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:00:04 am »

I seem to remember, before the board software was updated (about a year ago?) that if I went to my own ID page I could see pretty much all the posts I'd ever made. Now, I can see only the most recent five.

I sometimes post and forget in which topic I've posted (yes, I lose my glasses as well: I suppose I'm just getting old). It would be nice to be able to look back in time for longer than five posts, since if I have a spell of verbal diarrhoea, I can mange five in an hour!

Can the limit be increased? Please? It would help me to track the contributions of people here whose opinions I value, as well.

Jeremy

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
Finding my own posts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:17:10 am »

Quote from: kikashi
I seem to remember, before the board software was updated (about a year ago?) that if I went to my own ID page I could see pretty much all the posts I'd ever made. Now, I can see only the most recent five.

I sometimes post and forget in which topic I've posted (yes, I lose my glasses as well: I suppose I'm just getting old). It would be nice to be able to look back in time for longer than five posts, since if I have a spell of verbal diarrhoea, I can mange five in an hour!

Can the limit be increased? Please? It would help me to track the contributions of people here whose opinions I value, as well.

Jeremy
I don't know if this is any help, but without logging in you can click on your name on one of your posts, and select "find member's posts".
Cheers, David
Edit: You have to log in to do this. To access your posts without logging in click on your name, go to view member profile and select your posts from the options bar.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:22:45 am by Taquin »

mguertin

Finding my own posts
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:54:20 am »

Quote from: kikashi

Jeremy

If you click on your username in this post (or any post you've made) you can select the option to show all of your posts.  You can also show all topics you've started from there.  Hope this helps.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Finding my own posts
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 04:44:49 am »

Quote from: mguertin
If you click on your username in this post (or any post you've made) you can select the option to show all of your posts.  You can also show all topics you've started from there.  Hope this helps.

Ah - I see now. Thanks.

What I was doing was selecting View member profile, then clicking on the "Posts" or "Topics" tab. For some reason, that method only shows the last five. If I go directly, using the menu as you suggest, it does indeed show all.

Out of curiosity, why is that?

Jeremy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 04:47:11 am by kikashi »

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Finding my own posts
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 11:03:27 am »

So to find all my posts, I still need to find at least one of them as a starting point. Or remember my own user name, for a search.

Ah! I've got it! All I need to do is make a new, meaningless post, like this one, and I've got my user name and a link to all my posts...   

So now i can throw away that piece of paper I usually carry around with my name on it as a reminder.   

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Finding my own posts
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 01:45:27 pm »

Quote from: EricM
So to find all my posts, I still need to find at least one of them as a starting point. Or remember my own user name, for a search.

Ah! I've got it! All I need to do is make a new, meaningless post, like this one, and I've got my user name and a link to all my posts...   

So now i can throw away that piece of paper I usually carry around with my name on it as a reminder. 
Fred, it's uncanny how alike we are.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:46:32 pm by kikashi »
Pages: [1]   Go Up