Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New site and business venture.  (Read 3089 times)

Alasdair

New site and business venture.
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:42 am »

Hi

I have just put a new site together for my new business www.ulster-landscapes.co.uk Would anyone be interested in offering opinions on the site and the work? I am a photojournalist and wedding photographer up to this point and am only starting to get into landscape photography. On another note - would anyone be interested in reciprocal links?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Regards
Alasdair

LoisWakeman

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:22:24 am »

Hi Alasdair - well, as someone who loves landscapes and especially coastal and arable field studies, your work does it for me - very pleasing.

As for the website: I can see you have done quite a lot to integrate the galleries, general pages and blog together - but the navigation is still a bit awkward in places - it really needs to be as consistent as you can make it! However, that is a minor niggle, and I wish you well in your new venture.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:02:07 pm »

Quote from: Alasdair
Hi

I have just put a new site together for my new business www.ulster-landscapes.co.uk Would anyone be interested in offering opinions on the site and the work? I am a photojournalist and wedding photographer up to this point and am only starting to get into landscape photography. On another note - would anyone be interested in reciprocal links?

Regards
Alasdair
The pages load quickly, which is good, and you've implemented keyboard navigation in the galleries, which is excellent (it's a hobbyhorse of mine).

The "framed prints" image on the home page doesn't link anywhere, which is confusing.

I like the way you've toned down the copyright symbol in the images so it's not too intrusive, but I wonder if it's really necessary at all.

Good luck.

Jeremy

Chris_T

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:49:21 am »

Hi

Regards
Alasdair

You may find this thread with many site reviews interesting:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=13890

Caution: This is an old thread, and many reviewed sites might have been revised by now.

You may also receive more responses at the User Critiques forum.

vjbelle

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:53:21 pm »

Hi

Regards
Alasdair
Your site is very well thought out and easy to navigate.  The images are great - makes me want to shoot in Ireland.  I wish you the best......
Pages: [1]   Go Up