Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R1900 clog  (Read 2518 times)

ericaro

R1900 clog
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:16:54 pm »

I tried to make a print on my R1900 after 1 month of non use. I did a nozzle check which revealed partial clogs and a totally blank red cartridge.After multiple head cleanings and red cartridge replacement, the partial clogs corrected but the red cartridge remains blank. Zero. Zilch .Nada.Any suggestion appreciated. Louis Bouillon

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
R1900 clog
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:03:33 pm »

Quote from: ericaro
I tried to make a print on my R1900 after 1 month of non use. I did a nozzle check which revealed partial clogs and a totally blank red cartridge.After multiple head cleanings and red cartridge replacement, the partial clogs corrected but the red cartridge remains blank. Zero. Zilch .Nada.Any suggestion appreciated. Louis Bouillon
Well, on the wide format printers the brave can fold over a lintless, blue Scott shop paper towel, moisten it with water, fold one end over a reject print and force it down into the paper path with the roller tension released.  With the printer unplugged pull the heads back and forth across the towel a few times...yucky black stuff galore.  This often clears persistent clogs, although usually one more head cleaning is needed.

Have never done this with anything except Epson 7800 and 9880, so proceed carefully at your own risk.

Oh let's see, you can also put a few drops of distilled water on the head parking pads for a few hours, which will probably cause cross contamination in the heads requiring one of two cleaning cycles to clear up, but you will probably find things improved at that point.  Or if you're really reckless you can use Windex instead of water for the blue towel trick, letting the head sit centered on the towel for maybe 15 minutes, then swiping the heads a few times and doing at least one more head cleaning.

Should also mention that I have seen instances where there was clearly a software issue with a non-printing channel, I have a .psd image that on the 7800 simply refuses to print on one of the color channels, and after loading the toxic image that channel will not print again until the computer is rebooted.  Had to convert the image to a TIF to get it to print properly.  Was a 16 bit image from the first version of PS to support 16 bits.

ericaro

R1900 clog
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:32:13 pm »

Quote from: bill t.
Well, on the wide format printers the brave can fold over a lintless, blue Scott shop paper towel, moisten it with water, fold one end over a reject print and force it down into the paper path with the roller tension released.  With the printer unplugged pull the heads back and forth across the towel a few times...yucky black stuff galore.  This often clears persistent clogs, although usually one more head cleaning is needed.

Have never done this with anything except Epson 7800 and 9880, so proceed carefully at your own risk.

Oh let's see, you can also put a few drops of distilled water on the head parking pads for a few hours, which will probably cause cross contamination in the heads requiring one of two cleaning cycles to clear up, but you will probably find things improved at that point.  Or if you're really reckless you can use Windex instead of water for the blue towel trick, letting the head sit centered on the towel for maybe 15 minutes, then swiping the heads a few times and doing at least one more head cleaning.

Should also mention that I have seen instances where there was clearly a software issue with a non-printing channel, I have a .psd image that on the 7800 simply refuses to print on one of the color channels, and after loading the toxic image that channel will not print again until the computer is rebooted.  Had to convert the image to a TIF to get it to print properly.  Was a 16 bit image from the first version of PS to support 16 bits.

Thanks. I will try to get a new printer instead.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:32:42 pm by ericaro »

mills

R1900 clog
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:44:58 am »

Quote from: ericaro

wait... before you trash your printer, mind as well just try a very good cleaner -
http://www.inkrepublic.com/iremove.asp
http://www.inkrepublic.com/KnowledgeBase/iRemove.asp

see how they unclog the blockage....
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....&pid=191196

good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up