Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf C-Most on hasselblad ...help!  (Read 5121 times)

sestese

• http://
Leaf C-Most on hasselblad ...help!
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:09:48 pm »

Hi all, I'm new at this forum and I enjoy to read your post about digital back since the moment I decide to put my old Hassy 500c back to work.
I got a cheap used Leaf C-Most on Ebay with no software ( I downloaded it from Leaf's web site) to start shooting and then later get probably a 22MB  back. The back Looks fine and fire up with an orange light as soon as get connect with the firewire cable.
I'm having a problem using it running with a PowerBook G4, the software (Leaf 8.6) does not recognize the back, do you think I need an older version like version 8?
I Called Leaf technical support and they said it should be just fine and if I still have problems they can check and maybe repair for me.
I just want to make sure I'm using the right laptop ( PowerBook G4 1.6 MHZ with 2 GB RAM running OS 10.4.6) and software before send to them.
Does anybody have experience with this Digital Back?
Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
Sal.

yaya

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »

Quote from: sestese
Hi all, I'm new at this forum and I enjoy to read your post about digital back since the moment I decide to put my old Hassy 500c back to work.
I got a cheap used Leaf C-Most on Ebay with no software ( I downloaded it from Leaf's web site) to start shooting and then later get probably a 22MB  back. The back Looks fine and fire up with an orange light as soon as get connect with the firewire cable.
I'm having a problem using it running with a PowerBook G4, the software (Leaf 8.6) does not recognize the back, do you think I need an older version like version 8?
I Called Leaf technical support and they said it should be just fine and if I still have problems they can check and maybe repair for me.
I just want to make sure I'm using the right laptop ( PowerBook G4 1.6 MHZ with 2 GB RAM running OS 10.4.6) and software before send to them.
Does anybody have experience with this Digital Back?
Thank you very much for any help you can give me.
Sal.

Welcome Sal!

One thing you can check is in the Apple System Profiler, while the back is connected to your mac and see if it recognises the back as a Leaf/ Creo device. If it doesn't then it could be that your back's communication board is "fried" and that it needs a repair.

Hope this helps

Yair

sestese

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 03:17:12 pm »

Quote from: yaya
Welcome Sal!

One thing you can check is in the Apple System Profiler, while the back is connected to your mac and see if it recognises the back as a Leaf/ Creo device. If it doesn't then it could be that your back's communication board is "fried" and that it needs a repair.

Hope this helps

Yair

Thank you Yair, I did check, it says "Unknown device" , is this means is a back's hardware problem  and not a software problem?
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up