Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear of the next step  (Read 5979 times)

peteh

• http://
Fear of the next step
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 02:57:57 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Controverse opinions here, the last 3 posts.

First, to Ed:

Thank you for your heads up! I am not satisfied with this first version. But, it already seems to work like I want when I read what you wrote  A strange red atmosphere, and the lava as the clear sign that something is very very wrong.

And to Eric:

You nail what I think too: 1st version is a try getting a look. It works (at least I think so) to an extent, but is ambiguous so it can also be mistaken for a color cast. Not inevitably, but as I the thread shows, possibly.

Now speaking to all:

Yesterday I did not answer to the toned down versions. I do not like them as I felt it would somehow wash down my idea of what I had in mind with it. Nevertheless I played with that, trying to partially take the reds out, but didnt liked the outcome, a bad compromise. So I decided to show here an older version without reds and lava, an old b/w version, and my most recent image wich I like most, still work in progress. This is of course no longer subtle. The more "supernatural" elements being introduced, the less subtle it gets. Im a bit surprised, I was so sure the first version was final, and now Im still altering it more and more...

Christian

//edit, new version added
I like your last version the best. WILD !

cmi

Fear of the next step
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 07:59:21 am »

Quote from: EricM
I like your latest one. This is certainly a picture worth playing lots of games with.

Another thing about it that I find compelling, in all versions: A totally black doorway with no detail whatever is usually a total no-no. But here it works, and adds to the spookiness of the scene. I think that one little stroke of light near the right side saves it.

Do show us any more variants you come up with!

The black doorway pretty much started it. Originally it was brightly lit in there and apart from the geometry it was quite boring overall. As soon as I introduced black I felt it started to work. If I come up with better versions I'll show them!

Christian

Quote from: peteh
I like your last version the best. WILD !

Yeah, unleashed
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up