Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon EOS (body) to Nikon (lens) adapter  (Read 1818 times)

buckshot

Canon EOS (body) to Nikon (lens) adapter
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:45:43 pm »

A bit confused here - where once there were only a couple, there now seem to be a great number of EOS -> Nikon adapters out there, from the very cheap to the fairly expensive. Could anyone recommend one in particular? I'm hoping to mount Nikon's 14-24mm f2.8 G full frame lens on my EOS 5D II. Thanks in advance.

spotmeter

• http://www.photographica.us
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:26:28 am »

Quote from: buckshot
A bit confused here - where once there were only a couple, there now seem to be a great number of EOS -> Nikon adapters out there, from the very cheap to the fairly expensive. Could anyone recommend one in particular? I'm hoping to mount Nikon's 14-24mm f2.8 G full frame lens on my EOS 5D II. Thanks in advance.

I have tried a lot of these adapters for my Zeiss wide angle lenses with Nikon mount on my 5D2.  The cheap Chinese ones have a sloppy fit.  The lens easily moves sideways.

Like everything else in life,  you get what you pay for. I finally settled on Cameraquest adapters for all my Zeiss lenses.

If you are going to mount a good lens, don't buy a cheap adapter. Especially for wide angle, you want an adapter that has a reliable, accurate thickness.  Cheap adapters are cheap because they are poorly machined and there is poor or non-existent quality control after that.

buckshot

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:01:44 pm »

Quote from: spotmeter
I have tried a lot of these adapters for my Zeiss wide angle lenses with Nikon mount on my 5D2.  The cheap Chinese ones have a sloppy fit.  The lens easily moves sideways.

Like everything else in life,  you get what you pay for. I finally settled on Cameraquest adapters for all my Zeiss lenses.

If you are going to mount a good lens, don't buy a cheap adapter. Especially for wide angle, you want an adapter that has a reliable, accurate thickness.  Cheap adapters are cheap because they are poorly machined and there is poor or non-existent quality control after that.

Thanks for the info. I've had Cameraquest recommended a couple of times - I'll definitely take a look at them.

marcmccalmont

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:46:25 am »

The lever operated 16:9 is excellent
Marc
http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up