Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wireless printing with Epson  (Read 2758 times)

charlier

wireless printing with Epson
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:19:31 pm »

I just purchased a simple Epson R2880 for home printing using Mac OS10.5.7.  The printer is connected to my Airport Extreme (with current updated software). I can see the Epson SP R2880 print driver (v. 6.20), showing the "print ready" icon.  Now,  if I click on "Utility" on the the printer does not show up on the printer list - its blank.  So, at this point, I can not print. It seems that the Epson SP R2880 can not communicate with the local host (e.g., my computer via airport).  Suggestions...
Thanks, charlie

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:15:58 am »

I suppose the utility is looking for a localhost address when it is infact on the MAC address of the Airport wifi.

Is there a way to open a port for comm to printer by adding an open  port to your Firewall?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:35:51 am »

Are you trying to print via the USB port of the Airport?  I'm not sure this has ever worked correctly with higher quality Epson printers.

howardm

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:34:40 am »

read the manual and directly set the printer to have a static IP address (along w/ gateway & subnet mask) from its control panel.

in the printer config, you will probaably need to choose 'Epson TCPIP'.

charlier

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 11:10:19 am »

Yes, the USB cable is connected directly to the airport extreme. I will give the printer a static IP address.  I just probably just connect the printer directly to my mac.  Network connections are always a bit tricky.  thanks, Charlie

howardm

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 09:51:54 am »

I was referring only to using Ethernet, not USB.
Pages: [1]   Go Up