Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: RZ Pro II lenses  (Read 13250 times)

Snook

RZ Pro II lenses
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »

Quote from: Dolce Moda Photography
Thanks Snook

Somehow I was expecting the images to be "wider" meaning showing a little wide angle distortion (which I kinda like for some fashion shots)

On a P30 that is about it.. depends on the crop factor maybe.
I am looking for a 50mm ULD to see if it is wider, but on a crop sensor you lose quite a bit actually.

Snook

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
RZ Pro II lenses
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 07:28:30 pm »

Quote from: Snook
On a P30 that is about it.. depends on the crop factor maybe.
I am looking for a 50mm ULD to see if it is wider, but on a crop sensor you lose quite a bit actually.

Snook
Snook,
I was shooting today my Rz and thinking about your focusing problems. I do not know if you already do that but I went through my check list and I think that your problems may lay here:
Shut off all modeling lights on background including hair light and any model's backlit. Leave just the modeling light on your key light. It makes a huge difference since your ability to see do not really depends on the amount of light but rather the amount of contrast. In completely dark room your eyes can easily focus across the room using light from your cell phone lcd.
Second do not press your eye against your WLF but rather keep it about 1" away. Again huge difference.
I do not have perfect vision but I constantly hit 95% focus on RZ. I do not see any other reason why I could and you could not. Let me know.
Andre

Snook

RZ Pro II lenses
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »

Hey Andre Thanks for your reply.. I appreciate it.
I have been getting use to it more often to tell you the truth..
I have the vertical split screen and like it better than the original standard screen that came with my RZ. I was suppose to have a Bill Maxell screen but was "ripped" off, but that is water under the bridge and NO one wants to here that story again here..    

I always turn off the lights in the studio and funny you mentioned the hair lights and background lights as today I left those off.

What I find strange is that supposedly on a full length shot @F11 I should have a BIG leeway with focus but find that distance where everything should be in focus theory is BS. If my models lean or sway slightly they are out of focus...
But I have to say lately I am in the 85% in focus range which is fine by me...
Thanks for your information and help, I appreciate it.
I guess seeing things at 100% in the monitor makes us less secure than in the film days when maybe somethings were a little soft but would not be noticed in print for catalogues and magazines. Now a days as I am a retocuher also I am viewing and retouching at 100% which any slight OOF is quite noticeable in the my case.

Thanks
Snook  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up