Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing Contact sheets  (Read 2463 times)

BrianWoolf

Printing Contact sheets
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:52:25 pm »

Hello,
Is it possible to put a solid color background behind the contact sheet photos?
Can I change the order that the images are arranged. It appears to be alpha/numeric but I would like to put the first five images at the back. I can pick them up and move them, but they snap back to their original positions.
We are trying to help out a customer, for a show, and provide them with a fast and simple catalog to get by with, We are printing to a Xerox 700 digital press/printer and it only works right if everything is in one file.
Still using Lightroom 1.something on a Mac.

Thankyou
Brian

jpegman

Printing Contact sheets
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:20:52 pm »

Quote from: BrianWoolf
Hello,
Is it possible to put a solid color background behind the contact sheet photos?
Can I change the order that the images are arranged. It appears to be alpha/numeric but I would like to put the first five images at the back. I can pick them up and move them, but they snap back to their original positions.
We are trying to help out a customer, for a show, and provide them with a fast and simple catalog to get by with, We are printing to a Xerox 700 digital press/printer and it only works right if everything is in one file.
Still using Lightroom 1.something on a Mac.

Thankyou
Brian

The background can be a jpg file of ANY color or graphic you choose - use photoshop to create new page the same size (or ratio) as your print paper, fill it with the desired color and save it as a jpg.
In the print module, enter it as an overlay (stretch to fit the full frame - it needs to match the paper orientation (portrait or Landscape) or else it bottoms out when the shortest border is reached. Select to have the graphic overlay (edit choose graphic)  be "behind the images", now pick all the images you want to put on the sheet.

BTW - you are not limited to one picture per template, you can have any number of different images and sizes you want on a single sheet (see http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....t=#entry287504), and the order is determined by their position in the filmstrip (left to right)

The direct links to Matt Kloskowski's blog in either text or video are:

Text: http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/2009/li...1#comment-69456
Video: http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/2009/vi...cture-packages/

jpegman
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:24:23 pm by jpegman »

BrianWoolf

Printing Contact sheets
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:58 pm »

Thanks jpegman it worked well enough - put a solid color background with a piece of type. The background was fine but the type came out poor.
The second part of my question was not about putting different size photos on one Lightroom template but rather how to reorder the filmstrip along the bottom. I wish to take the first five photos and put them at the end behind photo #169.
Brian

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Printing Contact sheets
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:57:04 am »

Quote from: BrianWoolf
The second part of my question was not about putting different size photos on one Lightroom template but rather how to reorder the filmstrip along the bottom. I wish to take the first five photos and put them at the end behind photo #169.
Group them in a collection and select "custom order" (you may have to move one first to do that, not quite sure).
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

BrianWoolf

Printing Contact sheets
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:50:34 am »

Niko
Thanks that tip worked out well.
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up