Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goose family on rock  (Read 1268 times)

dalethorn

Goose family on rock
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:22:38 pm »

I tried this one from several different angles, and this seemed to be the best.  Panasonic G1, 45-200, daylight auto-exp., ISO 100.

shutterpup

Goose family on rock
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:56:48 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
I tried this one from several different angles, and this seemed to be the best.  Panasonic G1, 45-200, daylight auto-exp., ISO 100.

Dale,
I particularly like the diagonal of the rock the geese are sitting on. Normally, I wouldn't be wild about a centering of the actual geese, but I think the rock balances the shot. I like the stance of the different geese; I like they're not all looking in the same direction.

I'll be curious to see what others have to say.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Goose family on rock
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:06:02 pm »

Dale, Did you ever look into the reference I gave you to the Audubon contest? You shoot enough birds that the contest ought to be a natural for you.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

dalethorn

Goose family on rock
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:16:11 pm »

Quote from: RSL
Dale, Did you ever look into the reference I gave you to the Audubon contest? You shoot enough birds that the contest ought to be a natural for you.

I looked all right.  Nothing determined yet.  I have participated in a couple contests with expos for county park systems in Ohio, and those were enjoyable.  The Zenfolio website I pointed out has several photos from that expo, taken indoors without flash, handheld, using Pana LX3 at ISO 800.  I thought the noise would be a serious problem, and it wasn't too bad, but the colors were a bit off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up