Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: roll feed on ipf5000  (Read 2192 times)

ricgal

roll feed on ipf5000
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:14:09 am »

Hi All
Help appreciated on this issue.  I have a 16" roll of Ilford smooth Pearl-  I can't persuade the driver to register the roll.  i am guessing i am falling foul of Canon's closed policy on 3rd party media.  What settings do i need to implement to get the roll going.
Thank you for your help
regards
Ric
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

calindustries

• http://www.craiglacourt.com
roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:29 am »

Quote from: ricgal
Hi All
Help appreciated on this issue.  I have a 16" roll of Ilford smooth Pearl-  I can't persuade the driver to register the roll.  i am guessing i am falling foul of Canon's closed policy on 3rd party media.  What settings do i need to implement to get the roll going.
Thank you for your help
regards
Ric

have you run roll paper through it before?  i had a defect in mine so that it would only load roll paper without error every 1 out of 784 tries.  had to have a tech come out and fix it and it's been fine since.  I use third party paper all the time, but i've never tried a 16' roll.  

-craig

John Hollenberg

ricgal

roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:31 pm »

Thank you all- will check out links-  paper seems to load ok- just driver will not recognise
R

Pete Berry

roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 01:10:59 pm »

Photo Paper Plus media type is not recognized by the driver for RFU usage. Use either Heavyweight Photo Paper (which is not recognized by the cassette) or Special #5 which is recognized by all feed paths.  I find #5 to give virtually the same results as PPPlus when used in profiles built with PPPlus. If you use Heavywt PP, yellow has to be reduced a bit in Color Settings, so I have standardized on #5 for my gloss/semigloss papers to avoid the RFU or cassette lock-out nonsense that Canon has not changed in the 5000.

Pete

Quote from: ricgal
Thank you all- will check out links-  paper seems to load ok- just driver will not recognise
R

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:40:46 pm »

There's a checkbox somewhere in the printer settings (Device Settings tab) that you have to check to tell the driver that you have the RFU installed; until you do that you won't be able to select 'Roll' as the media source. Are you saying this checkbox is disabled? Never seen that before, not sure what could cause it.

Some media type setttings cannot be used with roll paper, you just have to choose the closes one that can be.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

John Hollenberg

roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:11:52 pm »

Quote from: JeffKohn
There's a checkbox somewhere in the printer settings (Device Settings tab) that you have to check to tell the driver that you have the RFU installed; until you do that you won't be able to select 'Roll' as the media source. Are you saying this checkbox is disabled? Never seen that before, not sure what could cause it.

You can get this problem if you install the RFU after you have already installed the drivers.   This problem can only occur on the iPF5000, since the iPF5100 has a built in RFU.  The fix for this is listed in one of the two links I posted above.

--John

ricgal

roll feed on ipf5000
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 04:33:00 am »

Thank you all fo your help-- I needed to click the tab in properties for RFU
best
R
Pages: [1]   Go Up