Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad CF lenses on Sinar P2/3?  (Read 3446 times)

Dick Roadnight

Hasselblad CF lenses on Sinar P2/3?
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:51:29 am »

If you have a Hasselblad V-mount MFDB you can use it (with movements) with CF lenses with a Hasselblad Flexbody. If you have an H mount Hassy DCU it would be difficult or impossible to mount it to a Flexbody and get infinity focus.
With a Sinar and bag (wide angle) bellows I think you would be able to focus to infinity, but you have to insert a mechanism to cock and fire the shutter, or a lensboard shutter. Silvestri make such an adaptor, but it is expensive. The Hassy CF adaptor does this job, and I think it should be possible to mount it on a Sinar P3 lensboard.

Info anyone?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:35 am »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
If you have a Hasselblad V-mount MFDB you can use it (with movements) with CF lenses with a Hasselblad Flexbody. If you have an H mount Hassy DCU it would be difficult or impossible to mount it to a Flexbody and get infinity focus.
With a Sinar and bag (wide angle) bellows I think you would be able to focus to infinity, but you have to insert a mechanism to cock and fire the shutter, or a lensboard shutter. Silvestri make such an adaptor, but it is expensive. The Hassy CF adaptor does this job, and I think it should be possible to mount it on a Sinar P3 lensboard.

Info anyone?

In theorie it should be possible to use the CF adaptor on a lensboard somehow.

I had a Flexbody before and now I use a Silvestri Flexicam with their adapter (it is quite expensive, yes). It works ok with the 50, 60, 80, 120mm, even at infinity focus, but I have to control focus after recocking the adapter (with a medium light tripod). Since I began investing in Digitars (35, 100, 72mm coming soon), I really don't look back at the CF/CFE lenses and the adapter (they are ok, really; and still very good on a Hassi V), but these Digitars play in another league. They are great! Don't know if I would buy an adapter again. Linhof brings an adapter for Rollei lenses on their new Techno, i would be interested to have news on this combo.
I think the old, big 4x5 view camera are maybe too bulky and large to work with Digibacks and adapters, a Sinar P3, F3, Linhof Techno Arca 6x9 or m-line2, Silvestri are maybe a better choice to go.

Tom-

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:41 am »

Quote from: tom_l
In theorie it should be possible to use the CF adaptor on a lensboard somehow.

I had a Flexbody before and now I use a Silvestri Flexicam with their adapter (it is quite expensive, yes). It works ok with the 50, 60, 80, 120mm, even at infinity focus, but I have to control focus after recocking the adapter (with a medium light tripod). Since I began investing in Digitars (35, 100, 72mm coming soon), I really don't look back at the CF/CFE lenses and the adapter (they are ok, really; and still very good on a Hassi V), but these Digitars play in another league. They are great! Don't know if I would buy an adapter again. Linhof brings an adapter for Rollei lenses on their new Techno, i would be interested to have news on this combo.
I think the old, big 4x5 view camera are maybe too bulky and large to work with Digibacks and adapters, a Sinar P3, F3, Linhof Techno Arca 6x9 or m-line2, Silvestri are maybe a better choice to go.

Tom-

Thanks, Tom.

I, too am building a collection of Apo-Digitars, but I do not yet have the 210 or the 47XL. I am hoping to put my Novoflex/Leica 400 mm lens on my P2/3, see my other recent topic.

The Sinar system is great, as when you run out of extension with the P3 bellows, if you have 2 conversion bellows, you can insert a P2 bellows and gain another 600 mm of extension!

I have the Silvestri sliding/stitching back.

If you have no further use for your adaptor, would you be interested in selling it?

I have seen the prototype of the new Linhoff Techno: it is more compact than the P3, but not an order-of-magnitude lighter, and has very restricted movements.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:03:00 am by Dick Roadnight »
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

tom_l

• http://www.tomlucas.net
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:20:16 pm »

Hello Dick,

for the moment I'm not selling the Silvestri adapter.
The Sinar is probably a good solution for longer lenses, I'm limited to 120mm it seems.
I also played with the Techno, it is really very inspired by the Flexicam which is "inspired" by the good old Flexbody too.
The Techno is twice as heavy as the Silvestri but very well executed. At twice the price i suppose. If you don't need tilt/swing on the rear standard it could be a fine allrounder camera.

tom-
Pages: [1]   Go Up