Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing issue with 7600  (Read 1954 times)

Photopro888

Printing issue with 7600
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:53:07 am »

Was working fine, then switched to roll paper (from sheet) same image just bigger and now looks like a ghost image or double exposure shot. Ran the head adjustment… did not help, nozzle check is fine but not the same as it use to be, there’s small gap between the cyan and magenta and the Lt cyan and Lt magenta, also there is no vertical line on the right side of the Lt black.

The included jpg is a print out of lines too show what is happening, the top one is with high speed on and the bottom one with HS off, with HS off it does look better but still not usable. Same issue with PS and Publisher on 2 different computers running windows XP.

Any idea what is happening? of course Epson’s response is a tech needs to come out and look at it.  
Thanks for any help!

Darren

Ray

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:09:01 am »

Quote from: Photopro888
Was working fine, then switched to roll paper (from sheet) same image just bigger and now looks like a ghost image or double exposure shot. Ran the head adjustment… did not help, nozzle check is fine but not the same as it use to be, there’s small gap between the cyan and magenta and the Lt cyan and Lt magenta, also there is no vertical line on the right side of the Lt black.

The included jpg is a print out of lines too show what is happening, the top one is with high speed on and the bottom one with HS off, with HS off it does look better but still not usable. Same issue with PS and Publisher on 2 different computers running windows XP.

Any idea what is happening? of course Epson’s response is a tech needs to come out and look at it.  
Thanks for any help!

Darren

Never experienced that. But, before you pay for the technician to pay you a visit, you could try a power cleaning. You might already have tried that, but in case you didn't, the procedure is:

1. Select type.
2. Press 'up' arrow till you see 'maintenance'
3. Press horizontal arrow  to PWR cleaning
4. Horizontal to Exec
5. Enter.

Best of luck!

Doombrain

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:46 am »

Hi,

it's not a cleaning issue, don't waste your ink.

it could be

a) the CR encoder. the clear plastic strip that runs inside just above the head. make sure it's clean, use a soft lint free dry cloth.
B) the fabric CR belt which moves the head might of split
c) main board issue or head driver board issue. might be worth reinstalling the firmware.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:30:13 am by Doombrain »

Farmer

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 05:19:02 pm »

Quote from: Doombrain
Hi,

it's not a cleaning issue, don't waste your ink.

it could be

a) the CR encoder. the clear plastic strip that runs inside just above the head. make sure it's clean, use a soft lint free dry cloth.
 the fabric CR belt which moves the head might of split
c) main board issue or head driver board issue. might be worth reinstalling the firmware.

CR encoder seems most likely given the difference between bi-directional (high speed) and uni-directional (not high speed) printing.  May also want to check the media being used (if it's something exotic, try something a little more normal at least until things are back to working).

Consider also the suction level for the media and make sure you don't have anything interfering with the paper spooling through (ie not using a high tension spindle or something torn/caught etc).

CR encoder would be top of my list at this point, though.
Phil Brown

Photopro888

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:11:17 pm »

Thanks to everyone for there responses, I tried all that I could… reinstalled the firmware, the CR encoder looked ok, but I wiped it with a Pec-Pad (dry) anyway and there was some dirt/dust that came off, also checked the CR belt (from the front cover) with a flashlight, looked ok as far I can tell (or could there be a hairline split that’s not visible that could cause the issue?). Still have the issue.

I tried the head alignment again just for the heck of it, and I don’t think the alignment patterns are even being printed out correctly. If it is most likely the CR encoder what else can I try to fix the CR encoder.

I do have the service manual for the printer but most of it looks rather complicated even if I had some of the required tools.

Any suggestions appreciated.  

Darren

cengell

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:29:14 pm »

Quote from: Photopro888
Thanks to everyone for there responses, I tried all that I could… reinstalled the firmware, the CR encoder looked ok, but I wiped it with a Pec-Pad (dry) anyway and there was some dirt/dust that came off, also checked the CR belt (from the front cover) with a flashlight, looked ok as far I can tell (or could there be a hairline split that’s not visible that could cause the issue?). Still have the issue.

I tried the head alignment again just for the heck of it, and I don’t think the alignment patterns are even being printed out correctly. If it is most likely the CR encoder what else can I try to fix the CR encoder.

I do have the service manual for the printer but most of it looks rather complicated even if I had some of the required tools.

Any suggestions appreciated.  

Darren

Hello Darren, please PM me or e-mail me and I can get you that manual, no problem..

Christopher

Farmer

Printing issue with 7600
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:35 pm »

Quote from: cengell
Hello Darren, please PM me or e-mail me and I can get you that manual, no problem..

Christopher

May I suggest not posting in a public forum about supplying a copyright document to someone?

As for the CR encoder, if you need to replace it I strongly recommend that you get a trained technician - if it's not done correctly, you will never have a working printer.

It could also be the sensor that reads the encoder (it's optical), or it could be the tension in the belt since you mention there appears to be a split in it.  Changing any of those requires adjustment and calibration and again I'd recommend a competent and trained technician.  The parts themselves shouldn't be too expensive, and labour shouldn't be more than a couple of hours for any of those jobs.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up