Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lee Polyester Filter Mounts  (Read 3061 times)

robackja

• http://theworldin35mm.org/
Lee Polyester Filter Mounts
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:02:20 pm »

Hi.

I have a Lee Filter System. I have 2 100mm ND Polyester Filters + Lee Filter mounts.

What I don't understand is how the filters mount into the frames. The frames are exactly 100mm x 100mm and the filters are exactly 100mm x 100mm, so the little nubs which snap to hold the frame together are overlapped by the filter. How are you supposed to snap the frame together with the filter in it? Are you supposed to cut the filters? puncture the filter? I am really confused.

How do people here use the polyester filters with the Lee filter holder?

thanks

Voltman

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:24:47 pm »

Quote from: robackja
Hi.

I have a Lee Filter System. I have 2 100mm ND Polyester Filters + Lee Filter mounts.

What I don't understand is how the filters mount into the frames. The frames are exactly 100mm x 100mm and the filters are exactly 100mm x 100mm, so the little nubs which snap to hold the frame together are overlapped by the filter. How are you supposed to snap the frame together with the filter in it? Are you supposed to cut the filters? puncture the filter? I am really confused.

How do people here use the polyester filters with the Lee filter holder?

thanks

I have similar mounting frames and filters from Fuji - I notched them with an X-Acto knife for lack of better directions - its frustrating because if you don't get the first inside cut spot on the first time it bows the filter and then the recut always seems to be too much.

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:11:24 am »

Hi Voltman
The 2mm Lee poly filters do not use a frame to slip into their filter holder. Those frames are for the 1mm gel filters.
r
Pages: [1]   Go Up