Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson x900 - loading A4  (Read 2028 times)

Enrico PA

Epson x900 - loading A4
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:28 am »

Hi,
I'm experiencing some failures trying to load A4 sheets (weight > 250g/m2)  on my Epson 9900.

I follow the procedure showed in the user guide, but the printer fails loading about 50% of times.
I encountered this problem on matte papers (es: H.PhotoRag 308g)  and semi-gloss papers (Felix Schoeller 300g).

No problems with sheets >A4 .

Does someone have similar problems with Epson x900 series ?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:32:09 am by Enrico PA »

mikev1

Epson x900 - loading A4
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:24:32 pm »

Quote from: Enrico PA
Hi,
I'm experiencing some failures trying to load A4 sheets (weight > 250g/m2)  on my Epson 9900.

I follow the procedure showed in the user guide, but the printer fails loading about 50% of times.
I encountered this problem on matte papers (es: H.PhotoRag 308g)  and semi-gloss papers (Felix Schoeller 300g).

No problems with sheets >A4 .

Does someone have similar problems with Epson x900 series ?
Thank you.

Yes it can be a major pain.  I've set the platten gap to wider and increased the suction to full power.  Also I've noticed that cut sheets of Hahnemuhle papers such as the PhotoRag 308 have a lot of curl.  I try to work the paper over before attempting to load it.  Try to reverse curl the paper to make it as flat as possible.  I've been having better luck lately.

pcmurray

Epson x900 - loading A4
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:00:34 pm »

I also had major problems with my Epson 7900 printer loading cut Hahnemuhle rag paper until I started de-rolling with my handy, though expensive, Bienfang De-Roller.  Just making sure that the paper curls a bit backwards and using the 'wider' setting for the platen gap setting has eliminated the loading problems and paper waste.

Enrico PA

Epson x900 - loading A4
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:22:50 am »

Thank you !!

Pcmurray, mikev1, you are right, the P.rag curling is a real issue, but I have problems also with very flat "plastic" papers over 250 g/m2...

However, widening the plateng gap before loading paper is a good idea, but I have a doubt:
if I set the "widest" setting from printer menu, this setting will be overriden by the "standard" setting saved in my printer-driver ?  I don't like the print quality with wider platen settings .

In the meantime I've tried a workaround loading the A4 sheets in the same way of sheets greater than A4... It really works and the paper is always loaded without misalignments. Yes, this method is slower than the normal method.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:25:54 am by Enrico PA »
Pages: [1]   Go Up