Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture one 3.7 to 4  (Read 5202 times)

gendem

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« on: June 08, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »

Hi there

I decided to try out the latest C1 Pro, and unless I'm missing something, they removed a bunch of the most useful keyboard shortcuts: those that directly control access to the adjustment sliders.

With C1 3.7 I am able to adjusts exposure, WB, etc directly, using the keyboard. Very fast, and no wasted time mousing all over the place, especially when a secondary programmable keyboard is used.  I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the demo of 4.8.1  Was this functionality removed, or is it hidden somewhere?

...Mike
Logged

MarkF

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »

Quote from: gendem
Hi there

I decided to try out the latest C1 Pro, and unless I'm missing something, they removed a bunch of the most useful keyboard shortcuts: those that directly control access to the adjustment sliders.

With C1 3.7 I am able to adjusts exposure, WB, etc directly, using the keyboard. Very fast, and no wasted time mousing all over the place, especially when a secondary programmable keyboard is used.  I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the demo of 4.8.1  Was this functionality removed, or is it hidden somewhere?

...Mike

I think it was removed, but I would be very happy to be proved wrong! Now we are supposed to hover the mouse over the required correction and spin the scroll wheel to make the adjustment, but I agree it's just not as pleasant a way of working as using keyboard shortcuts.
Logged

jtrujillo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • http://jtrujillo.net
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:49:17 AM »

I switched to version 4 time ago and still haven't find the shortcuts , though I devote a good amount of time at each release. I still miss these small adjustments of luminosity, contrast etc with the arrowkeys but I must say that with time you get used to the new method.

kevraber

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

Quote from: jtrujillo
I switched to version 4 time ago and still haven't find the shortcuts , though I devote a good amount of time at each release. I still miss these small adjustments of luminosity, contrast etc with the arrowkeys but I must say that with time you get used to the new method.


In 4.8.1 keyboard controls are there.  Place your cursor in any of the numeric boxes and then use the up down arrow keys.  Also, you can customize keyboard commands.  If you have a scroll mouse place it on any of the sliders and you can adjust with the scroll wheel.
Logged

jtrujillo

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • http://jtrujillo.net
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »

Quote from: kevraber
In 4.8.1 keyboard controls are there.  Place your cursor in any of the numeric boxes and then use the up down arrow keys.  Also, you can customize keyboard commands.  If you have a scroll mouse place it on any of the sliders and you can adjust with the scroll wheel.
OK, but what I miss was being able to make basic adjustments with the keyboard only. My essential workflow for a batch of photos was all from the keyboard: small retouches to exposure, contrast saturation even White balance if I remember well , then another keystroke (arrow key) and got into the next photo. I don't mean that all should be limited to this but that's a very usual process on many photographs and for me it was comfortable. And you could do this even with the palettes visible and always looking at the photograph. Having to access the mouse made everything different.

gendem

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »

What Juan said. The wasted time of trying to position the mouse correctly adds up and distracts you from the image at hand. Direct-access adjustments are a huge and inexplicable omission. Very frustrating.
Logged

Phil Indeblanc

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1842
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

Thats why I am still using 3.7, I am afraid to loose these little workflow settings I have in place. I too use a macro keyboard, and would hate to use a mouse in place of shortcuts.

Where can you customize keyboard comands?


Logged
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Doug Peterson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 3431
    • http://www.doug-peterson.com
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 12:49:31 AM »

You can customize your keyboard shortcuts under Capture One > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts. In that window you'll need to "duplicate" the default set of keyboard shortcuts first.

The Quick Adjustments keyboard shortcut system is pretty good. http://www.captureintegration.com/2009/04/...ck-adjustments/

Direct keyboard shortcuts specific to exposure/contrast may be added in a future version.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
__________________
Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Eizo & More
National: 877.217.9870  |  Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

gendem

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Capture one 3.7 to 4
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »

The lack of direct keyboard shortcuts to adjustments, not just exposure and contrast, was present in C1 3. It seems as if the rush be just like Lightroom, phase one forgot one of their key advantages over every other RAW conversion system: speed. The fact that they "may" do this even though the request for this feature is all over even their own forums is very telling, and sad. I haven't seen such a huge product screw up since Corel bungled DRAW.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up