Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Mac OS coming  (Read 10147 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
New Mac OS coming
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 02:11:43 pm »

Quote from: ziocan
sure they put the modules in the toaster slots....  
There is only one way to slot in memory modules. it is not possible to place memory modules incorrectly.
You have been stating a series of total BS and is about time to stop.
Before being abusive and show how little you actually know, try checking your facts. There are 8 memory slots in total -  two memory cards with 4 slots in each.
The manual clearly states that memory must be placed in pairs in a specific way.
For example if you have 2 dimms, one goes in top card and one in bottom card. If you have 4 dimms, two on top and two on bottom. If you have 6 dimmn 2 pairs on top and one on bottom and finally with 8 dimms, 2 pairs on top and 2 below.
Which is how they [2 dimms] were installed on my machine, yet the 'Genius' took one out and placed it next to other on same card - which is incorrect [for my machine] and did in fact cause memory problems, which I solved after reading manual and correcting error.

Also before I bought my MP, one of the shop assistants showed me how easy machine was to uddate and pointed to the memory boards as where you added things like more graphics cards, before trying to ram Aperture down my throat. Despite my repeatedly saying any image editing software HAD to be cross platform. Nearly walked out and didn't go back after that display of stupidity.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
New Mac OS coming
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 02:13:50 pm »

Quote from: peegeenyc
paired memory modules need to be matched in the correct slots, especially if they are different brands/ capacities,  if not, there are problems.
I suspect that is what he means.
Spot on.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up