Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: International ad campaign, image licensing  (Read 9254 times)

jonstewart

International ad campaign, image licensing
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 02:35:04 pm »

Quote from: Peartree
There was a publication that the AOP Association of Photographers in UK used to publish, can't remember the title, don't know whether it's still in print, but now know this post is not very helpful, can someone in the AOP help me out?

kindest
Andy

You're not referring to 'Beyond the Lens' are you? All of the methodology for working out pricing is on their site, or on copyright4clients.com (as far as I know, this is still the case; been a while since I checked)
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 06:17:24 am »

Quote from: Anthony R
Just going to pop in and say I had a look at your site and really enjoy your work Zachary. Good luck with the gig.
I second that.
I liked the music too and one of the few times I didn't turn it straight off, though I'm sure it will really annoy other people.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 12:15:29 am »

As far as ad full page rates, $50K is way high, what magazines are these?  I work with a number of the top Conde Naste pubs and a couple high end specialty paper oversized mags, and I have not done any full page at $50K, in fact that is at the top end of a spread price. Maybe $50k spread gets you first few pages, or inside cover?  Most advertisers that are doing a 1 or 2 year get such a cut rate since they are doing it for the multiple issues. Even a 1off I can't see $50K. But it all depends, as there are magazines that can demand this...which ones...? Unless these might be big agencies that have long ago negotiated these rates? Anyway...

I agree with E_Edwards,
I don't know how it was at other times, but things are very tough for product these days.  lots of stuff going overseas, getting done out of cgi, then getting the work chopped up..etc.

Still life is really moving.

I would love to see an example of a $200 web shot...blurr the tag if you have to for sake of protection, but  I actually love your fashion much more than your still life, but still $200 sounds rather low for any lux brand.

Good luck on the prioject, and don't forget to get prop release for promo purpose.
Cheers!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Jonathan H

• http://
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:59 am »

I don't have much to add.... I'm not getting jobs like this yet either, but I did want to add that I also checked out your website and love your work too.  Beautiful fashion images... top notch retouching too.  Sending you an e-mail actually

-Jon
Long walks on the beach, nights by the f
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up