Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON R2880 and Premium Luster Profile  (Read 5225 times)

Giorgio

EPSON R2880 and Premium Luster Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:56:44 pm »

Have just upgraded from the EPSON 1280 to to the R2880. Have also downloaded the new driver that includes the SPR 2880 Epson Premium Luster profile.

This, in a nutshell, my experience so far:

R2880 > paper: Ultra Premium Luster > profile: SPR 2880 Premium luster > poor results
R2880 > paper: Premium Luster > Profile: SPR 2880 Premium Luster > better but not what I was expecting from the upgrade

Before:
E1280 > paper: Ultra Premium or Premium Luster > Profile: Glossy Premium > excellent results !!, definitely better than with the above combinations.

A couple of questions:
Should the SPR2880 profile works for both Ultra Premium and Premium Luster papers?
I'm missing something or there is anybody else with a similar experience?

I'm a bit disappointed by the upgrade. Really hope that I'm doing something wrong and not exploiting the printer.

Thanks for any comment and/or advice

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:09:31 pm »

Quote from: Giorgio
Have just upgraded from the EPSON 1280 to to the R2880. Have also downloaded the new driver that includes the SPR 2880 Epson Premium Luster profile.

This, in a nutshell, my experience so far:

R2880 > paper: Ultra Premium Luster > profile: SPR 2880 Premium luster > poor results
R2880 > paper: Premium Luster > Profile: SPR 2880 Premium Luster > better but not what I was expecting from the upgrade

Before:
E1280 > paper: Ultra Premium or Premium Luster > Profile: Glossy Premium > excellent results !!, definitely better than with the above combinations.

A couple of questions:
Should the SPR2880 profile works for both Ultra Premium and Premium Luster papers?
I'm missing something or there is anybody else with a similar experience?

I'm a bit disappointed by the upgrade. Really hope that I'm doing something wrong and not exploiting the printer.

Thanks for any comment and/or advice
The Ultra Premium Luster ahs replaced the Premium Luster (probably just a rebranding of it).  It's not clear from your post if you are using an ICC profile from what ever program you are printing from and how you have set up color management.  there are a number of things you need to do through the print command to get good results.  I have the same printer and remember when I was first printing that I would forget to set something correctly.  The ICC profiles are all availble from the Epson website under the technical support link for the 2880.  You need to use that when printing and make sure that you have color management turned off on the print dialogue box for the Epson.  Selecting the paper in the printer dialogue box is not the same as the ICC profile.  I forgot to do this on a couple of occasions and got interesting results.

I have not had any problems with either the premium luster or enhanced matte papers from Epson when using their profiles.  Hope this helps.

Alan

Giorgio

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:25:28 pm »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
The Ultra Premium Luster ahs replaced the Premium Luster (probably just a rebranding of it).  It's not clear from your post if you are using an ICC profile from what ever program you are printing from and how you have set up color management.  there are a number of things you need to do through the print command to get good results.  I have the same printer and remember when I was first printing that I would forget to set something correctly.  The ICC profiles are all availble from the Epson website under the technical support link for the 2880.  You need to use that when printing and make sure that you have color management turned off on the print dialogue box for the Epson.  Selecting the paper in the printer dialogue box is not the same as the ICC profile.  I forgot to do this on a couple of occasions and got interesting results.

I have not had any problems with either the premium luster or enhanced matte papers from Epson when using their profiles.  Hope this helps.

Alan

Thanks Alan.  Color Management is off and I print from Lightroom. Again the results are no so bad but definitely not better than the old E1280. I'll try now to print from Photoshop, you never know!
Giorgio
Pages: [1]   Go Up