Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting a raw file directly from LR to C-1  (Read 2042 times)

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
Exporting a raw file directly from LR to C-1
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:00 am »

I'm having trouble doing this as it is always exported as a Tiff. Is there a way to do this without exporting to say the desktop and then importing from there?

James R

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:28:11 am »

Quote from: maxgruzen
I'm having trouble doing this as it is always exported as a Tiff. Is there a way to do this without exporting to say the desktop and then importing from there?

The raw file provides the original capture, you can't attach adjustments to a raw file.  So, C1 can open the raw file from the same folder LR2 uses.  The tiff has all the file data including adjustments, a good file format.  

The benefits of C1 is its handling of raw files--which is much better than LR2.  I'm not sure why you would want to first import the file into LR2 and then go to C1?  Seems to be backward.  My work flow goes C1>tiff>LR2>fine tune w/Nik or CS4.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 11:32:59 am by James R »

maxgruzen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:46 am »

Quote from: James R
The raw file provides the original capture, you can't attach adjustments to a raw file.  So, C1 can open the raw file from the same folder LR2 uses.  The tiff has all the file data including adjustments, a good file format.  

The benefits of C1 is its handling of raw files--which is much better than LR2.  I'm not sure why you would want to first import the file into LR2 and then go to C1?  Seems to be backward.  My work flow goes C1>tiff>LR2>fine tune w/Nik or CS4.

I use LR as my main site for importing and organizing my files. Then I pick certain files that I feel would do best if I process them in C1.  I just started using C1 again after updating to an intel based Mac. and discovering the beauty of C1 V4 processing. I wish I could export a Raw file directly from LR to C1 with out having to use a work around.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:42:41 am by maxgruzen »

James R

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:06:44 pm »

Quote from: maxgruzen
I use LR as my main site for importing and organizing my files. Then I pick certain files that I feel would do best if I process them in C1.  I just started using C1 again after updating to an intel based Mac. and discovering the beauty of C1 V4 processing. I wish I could export a Raw file directly from LR to C1 with out having to use a work around.

IMO, all images would benefit from using C1 before LR2.  Bottom line is you can't (and don't need to) export raw files.  Why not up-load the files in LR2, then use C1 on the raw files in the LR2 folders?  The images you like in C1 can be outputted as tifs.  Then go back to LR2 and import those tifs.  You end up where you want to be and you're not trying to export from LR.  

BTW, I you might try PhotoMechanic or another such program to import images onto your computer.  I find C1 and LR2 to be slow when importing hundreds of images.

maxgruzen

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:31 pm »

Quote from: James R
IMO, all images would benefit from using C1 before LR2.  Bottom line is you can't (and don't need to) export raw files.  Why not up-load the files in LR2, then use C1 on the raw files in the LR2 folders?  The images you like in C1 can be outputted as tifs.  Then go back to LR2 and import those tifs.  You end up where you want to be and you're not trying to export from LR.  

BTW, I you might try PhotoMechanic or another such program to import images onto your computer.  I find C1 and LR2 to be slow when importing hundreds of images.

Thank you James
Pages: [1]   Go Up