Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dillema, need some help  (Read 9895 times)

jing q

• we are super
Dillema, need some help
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:38:21 pm »

Did they pay you or have some agreement with you to promote their stuff?
Strictly business, if it isn't on black and white or even a verbal agreement they have no obligation towards you.
I must have been in new york too long....

csp

Dillema, need some help
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »

Quote from: jing q
Did they pay you or have some agreement with you to promote their stuff?
Strictly business, if it isn't on black and white or even a verbal agreement they have no obligation towards you.
I must have been in new york too long....

no, this is the point and i can understand mamiya.  always thought leaf must be rather desperate to have a photographer of mr.doorhofs level do their promotion.

Frank Doorhof

• http://
Dillema, need some help
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2009, 02:10:06 pm »

@gps,
Pfff what's the need for this ?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:21:48 pm by Frank Doorhof »

Frank Doorhof

Dillema, need some help
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2009, 02:44:33 pm »

Just got of the phone with Mamiya repair, they got a mail from Mamiya NL that the camera must be send to Germany and without warranty and back to me with the bill under paid postage.
They did not understand this because the camera still has 2 months of warranty so they called me.

I will call Mamiya Germany tomorrow myself to end this, it's getting ridicilous, you can't end a warranty just because you're pissed at a customer.....
I did not post anything of this on my blog, only on LL so there is from his side no reason to be pissed.

It's a shame that it all goes down like this but to be honest a bit expected.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:46:23 pm by Frank Doorhof »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Dillema, need some help
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

Mamiya NL cancelled your warranty because you are having a dispute with them??    Do I understand this correctly?

Frank Doorhof

Dillema, need some help
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »

It appears so.
In fact I was lucky repair nl called me about it otherwise I would have gotten the camera back and had to pay to the postman.
Because they thought this was weird they wanted to check.

He has no reason to be mad I did mail him rather nicely to explain my case and tried to friendly push him to call me but as it seems when things don't go his way he acts up. But cancelling warranty ?

I will mail Mamiya Germany tonight and call them tommorow maybe they can do something to solve this.

Quote from: Dustbak
Mamiya NL cancelled your warranty because you are having a dispute with them??    Do I understand this correctly?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Dillema, need some help
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 03:59:45 am »

The fact that Frank promotes the equipment he uses is not relevant in this case. He now gets some flak for that which I find uncalled for but also besides the point.

Fact is, he uses Mamiya equipment which apparently is still under warranty. A body broke down, he asked politely to be helped with a loaner body while his is being repaired. This is denied in a pretty rude way, he objects and gets rewarded with cancellation of his warranty out of anger of a person at Mamiya NL.

I have better service for my Nikons with NPS! I have spend a fraction of the costs for my Nikon equipment but nobody at NPS is giving me a hard time when I need a loaner when something is in repair. On the contrary, they go out of their way to try to help me out. I am pretty sure the people using CPS are treated the same way.

My Hasselblad dealer (in Belgium) has been more than helpful when I needed it.

Now, for everything I use I have 2 so I don't need help a lot but if I do it means it is serious and in that case I would appreciate being taken serious as a customer. This point is where I can totally relate to Franks frustration.

Frank Doorhof

Dillema, need some help
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2009, 06:45:41 am »

My wife talked with one of the employees of Mamiya NL this morning to mail them our invoice and he offered me to loan his 645 for the time I need it privatly.
Because most I do the coming week can be shot with the RZ's there's no need at the moment but it's very nice from him to offer this and I wanted to also update that here.

To make something clear the thread was never meant to be a flame of Mamiya NL but more a question thread about what to buy if I would switch but it has grown into something else, there is nothing here that I don't stand behind, but it was never my intention when I started this thread to post it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:56:49 am by Frank Doorhof »

Phil Indeblanc

Dillema, need some help
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 06:24:22 pm »

Dealer is something to rely on for some help, but not put your business in harms way by not having a back up.  get a backup body asap.
It doesnt have to be the exact same, but one that will do the job as a backup.
I have had the pain you are having and since then, I have 2 bodies, and 2 of the lens that are my main use lens.
It would be nice for me to have a backup to the digiback, but I don't, as I would not buy one thinking this has a chance it will fail during a shoot.  Its the equal to all a sudden Velvia film failing as a type of film. Thats why I think Phase makes them very robust to stand the test of time.
After you spend $10-20K for a digiback, you expect it to work without a issue until its course in technology runs out, (or get a better one). And for the first year or 2 you want to back that claim with a warranty.  
In these economic times it is hard to say in 2 to 5 years you will be able to replace that back with one that is better and much more expensive. (i could be wrong as I have read someplace that P65+ backs are out of stock/back order). :-)

Bottom line, you had a bad experince you shouldnt have had, and it can happen with any dealer. Not an excuse, but switching a system might not be the end all answer.  Mamiya support should apologize and take measure to provide outstanding support in these hard times for the MF market....Although it might be one of the last left with any wall to lean on.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up