Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: InkJet Canvas  (Read 9890 times)

paul basile

InkJet Canvas
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 03:37:36 pm »

FWIW...i'm a newbie at printing on canvas but i did on-line research on all the usual suspects.  i decided on the newest BF Inkjet MC 12.2 UDM after looking at data sheets and chatting with Korey Gunnarsen over at Booksmart Studios.  i really love how my images turn out on this canvas...mind you, i didn't do the same comps as i did with deciding on paper (BTW, settled on Hanny Photo Rag Baryta for selling), but the tooth is minimal, dries quick, appears to have a very high d-max (but i don't have the tools or intellect to measure), and is pretty comparably priced.  Since i've only done 10 or so in sizes ranging from 18 x 24 to 20 x 30, i didn't invest in a spray gun, so my coating is 2 coats of ClearJet - Type AFA Semi Gloss in 12oz Spray Cans.  if sales of canvas go well, i'll probably invest in a decent spray gun set-up, so any input on that would be appreciated.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
InkJet Canvas
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 11:23:28 pm »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
Bottom heavy ... does that translate to better shadow detail? Sorry, I'm not familiar with how to read/understand these plots yet. They look pretty tho'! - I have purchased ColorThink and played around but it's still a bit beyond me.
I don't think that it necessarily means more shadow detail, just that there are more dark colored crayons available in the box you are coloring with.  It is able to reproduce more darker tones, so the assumption would be that this will afford more ability to distinguish detail in shadows, with a wider hue variety possible in the darker color ranges, but I don't think there is a direct link between shadow detail and a substrate's gamut.  Either way, it can't be a bad thing.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up