Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentacon 6 lenses on a Contax 645  (Read 2800 times)

revaaron

Pentacon 6 lenses on a Contax 645
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:30:02 pm »

I want to get something with a little more reach on the Contax 645 without spending $1000-$2000 right now for the 120 or the 210.
I'm curious about people's results with the p-six adapter and the Contax. What lenses have people used. Especially edge to edge sharpness and if people have used any of them with a MFDB.

narikin

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:04:11 pm »

Quote from: revaaron
I want to get something with a little more reach on the Contax 645 without spending $1000-$2000 right now for the 120 or the 210.
I'm curious about people's results with the p-six adapter and the Contax. What lenses have people used. Especially edge to edge sharpness and if people have used any of them with a MFDB.
there's two such lenses for sale on Ebay right now - a slightly wide Curtagon 60mm and a Xenotar 80mm standard, both with Contax 645 adapters fitted.
Neither may fit your bill for a 'little more reach', but both are rare and excellent lenses.

I use the 60mm Curtagon and find it better than the Zeiss Contax 55mm in the edges. Took me ages to find one.
A friend has the Xenotar 80mm, and believes it is superior to his Contax Zeiss Planar 80mm at anything under f5.6. after that they measure up well, but the Schneider lens has the edge in corner res I'm told. Of course you have to be happy with manual focusing and aperture. For landscape that's not a problem though.

Schneider also made both these lenses for Rolleiflex (optically identical but mounts different, of course) so you may find opinions/ quality reports from Rollei users too. I believe that the 60mm Rollei Schneider Curtagon is pretty sought after also.

revaaron

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 02:21:19 am »

there were some schneider over 200mm lenses that looked comparable to the results from some zeiss lenses.
I also saw a push/pull 80-200mm schneider, but I didn't see what the mount was.

narikin

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:44:45 am »

have you looked at these tests of the Schneider lenses versus many others (including Contax planar 80mm)

http://www.kievaholic.com/LensTestsNormal2/index.html

http://www.kievaholic.com/LensTestsWide2/index.html.

they show the Schneider lenses doing very well versus the Contax ones

revaaron

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:43 pm »

yeah, that was the only site that I saw tests at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up